MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
ATLAS..jpg

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Cool i havent tried lyra yet in my system , only the picture resolution is a bit too high i cant see the whole box :D

Fixed it. Sorry :(

Maybe it's just me but I just find the Mac's picture editing and conversion software positively awful. Windows is so much simpler. Finally had to upload to FB and then d/l again to my computer. ARGHHHHHHH........

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Congrats ! That one is on my short list. Please give us a review when she's broken in.

Yes will. Need to find the right tube for my phono section and break them in. Right now am listening to some new Tungsol ECC83s. Really am hating the JJ tubes. Awful. Ei's had around had no bass. So far, so good with the Tungsols. Then am getting some '70s Teslas to try out.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Congrats ! That one is on my short list. Please give us a review when she's broken in.

It'll be up on PFO :)

Eventually will also have the Ikeda too! It's in the works.

jcarr

Mar 24, 2012
Tokyo
www.lyraaudio.com
Myles: I find Graphic Converter to be pretty good for general photo editing. It's shareware, but you can download and try it out for as long as you like (if you don't mind sitting though a slightly lengthy startup screen).

FWIW, the two most obvious features of the Atlas are the asymmetrical body structure and high-efficiency cross-coil armature, and those are what the box design is intended to represent.

I hope that the Atlas will deliver the sonic and musical goods in your system!

kind regards, jonathan

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Long live analog! Three cheers to all who are involved in keeping it alive for us to enjoy! I will be looking forwared to hearing your thoughts about the Atlas Myles.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Atlas installed! God, how I love those Lyra cartridges! Took all of 15 mins (course if I had the Graham, it's five mins!). That naked cantilever makes sighting so easy!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My Atlas is in my dealers hands but darn it! I'm leaving for Honolulu on thursday. It's going to be a long two weeks for me. I don't think it will take me only 5 mins with my Graham though, make it 7 mins. LOL.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
My Atlas is in my dealers hands but darn it! I'm leaving for Honolulu on thursday. It's going to be a long two weeks for me.

Pure torture! Better down a few Pina Coladas to drown the sorrow :) I do think I know what the first thing is that you're doing upon your return :)

I don't think it will take me only 5 mins with my Graham though, make it 7 mins. LOL.

I didn't believe it until I saw Bob demonstrate the ease of setting up cartridges using his device. Then I experienced it when reviewing the arm. If only he would make it for other arms! But he won't since he feels it gives the other arms and advantage :(

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Some quick shots.

atlas aa 3.jpg

aa atlas 2.jpg

atlas aa1.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm really loving mine as well Myles. :D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
How's the sound so far Myles? (I have never had a Lyra cartridge :( )

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing