Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I would have preferred to have professional drivers and a Christmas tree but what the heck that Lambo is scary fast. Did you see it jump during the shifts? On Sat I saw a Bugatti parked at the Montage in Laguna Beach. It's far smaller than I imagined.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I know these modern, low-slung mid-engine Italian things with all their little cylinders and cams and fuel injectors and turbo chargers are the bees knees on the winding road, but for pure, unadulterated sex on wheels...

And it sounds like a half-dozen Harleys singing harmony. Pax Americana, baby.

Tim

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Saw one of those two, on Rt 1 going back to T.H.E Show after the Bugatti sighting (it's like bird watching for motor-heads).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-----Sixteen (16) cylinders, woW!

And the Bugatti is a much better looker (shape), in particular on the city streets,
in my own personal and humble opinion. :b But not that blue color though (make that black & red).

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Northstar- the blue color emulates the traditional blue of the Bugattis of old, and i believe, was the 'national' color for racing in France. Me, I'd much rather see a pre-war Bugatti, a pre-war Alfa and throw in a 20's Bentley hot-rod just to make it interesting. I've lost my interest in modern 'supercars' as such. As technological exercises, they are pretty cool. Driving them is almost beside the point, since, at least in the case of the Veyron and Lambo, you are talking about big, heavy boats. I had my share of these types of cars over the years, and I find the older more primitive cars far more interesting, both to drive and to admire.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I know these modern, low-slung mid-engine Italian things with all their little cylinders and cams and fuel injectors and turbo chargers are the bees knees on the winding road, but for pure, unadulterated sex on wheels...

And it sounds like a half-dozen Harleys singing harmony. Pax Americana, baby.

Tim

289's cool; 427's scary. Real cobras, cool. Kit cars, bad. Real AC's are cool too. I'd have one even if it didn't have a Cobra badge on it. And not to bust your balls, Tim, but the car that was the basis for it was from Ye Merry Olde Englande.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Anybody have the torque and horse stats?

The French sure have come a long way from the Citroën. BTW, thanks for sharing Steve. That was rather nice to watch.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Northstar- the blue color emulates the traditional blue of the Bugattis of old, and i believe, was the 'national' color for racing in France. Me, I'd much rather see a pre-war Bugatti, a pre-war Alfa and throw in a 20's Bentley hot-rod just to make it interesting. I've lost my interest in modern 'supercars' as such. As technological exercises, they are pretty cool. Driving them is almost beside the point, since, at least in the case of the Veyron and Lambo, you are talking about big, heavy boats. I had my share of these types of cars over the years, and I find the older more primitive cars far more interesting, both to drive and to admire.

-----I see. :cool:

______^______

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

You would have loved this:
http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/vintage-monacos-historic-grand-prix/

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, before I hurt my back, we drove the entire course. It was quite an eye opener with the tight turns and hills. The steepness of the hills definitely did not come across in all my years of watching this race on the TV. Unfortunately, because of the traffic, we went no faster than 30 km/h and we were in a Renault Cargo, not a Renault Red Bull :D

We also saw all the cars in the OP except for the Lexus (or may be I didn't recognize the Lexus when I saw it). My wife strained her neck watching movie stars, I strained my neck looking at cars.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
289's cool; 427's scary. Real cobras, cool. Kit cars, bad. Real AC's are cool too. I'd have one even if it didn't have a Cobra badge on it. And not to bust your balls, Tim, but the car that was the basis for it was from Ye Merry Olde Englande.

The Nads are safe enough, I know the original coaches were Brits. I still like them much better than the Cobras built on Mustangs. The are the visual bomb. And the 427? Can you say copious torque? Crude compared to a Bugatti or a Lambo, but consider the source. This is me on my way to senior prom:

Tim

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
The Nads are safe enough, I know the original coaches were Brits. I still like them much better than the Cobras built on Mustangs. The are the visual bomb. And the 427? Can you say copious torque? Crude compared to a Bugatti or a Lambo, but consider the source. This is me on my way to senior prom:

Tim

nice dress!

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Just watched latest series of Top Gear; Supercars in California.
Interestingly Jeremy Clarkson claims the Lexus LFA best car he has driven, truly smitten with it.

Series 19, episode 2.
Top Gear amusing as usual :)
Oh and Mick Fleetwood is the star in a reasonably priced car.
Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing