Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren

For all of we car nuts, this one will rev your engines

Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Industry Affiliation........Lamm Dealer
    My System

Industry Expert/Member Sponsor Peter Breuninger's Avatar
    I would have preferred to have professional drivers and a Christmas tree but what the heck that Lambo is scary fast. Did you see it jump during the shifts? On Sat I saw a Bugatti parked at the Montage in Laguna Beach. It's far smaller than I imagined.
    Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.
    http://www.avshowrooms.com

Addicted to Best! Phelonious Ponk's Avatar
    I know these modern, low-slung mid-engine Italian things with all their little cylinders and cams and fuel injectors and turbo chargers are the bees knees on the winding road, but for pure, unadulterated sex on wheels...

And it sounds like a half-dozen Harleys singing harmony. Pax Americana, baby.

Tim
    In high-end audio, you can't even fight an opinion with the facts.

Industry Expert/Member Sponsor Peter Breuninger's Avatar
    Saw one of those two, on Rt 1 going back to T.H.E Show after the Bugatti sighting (it's like bird watching for motor-heads).
    Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.
    http://www.avshowrooms.com

Banned
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    -----Sixteen (16) cylinders, woW!

And the Bugatti is a much better looker (shape), in particular on the city streets,
    in my own personal and humble opinion. But not that blue color though (make that black & red).

Northstar- the blue color emulates the traditional blue of the Bugattis of old, and i believe, was the 'national' color for racing in France. Me, I'd much rather see a pre-war Bugatti, a pre-war Alfa and throw in a 20's Bentley hot-rod just to make it interesting. I've lost my interest in modern 'supercars' as such. As technological exercises, they are pretty cool. Driving them is almost beside the point, since, at least in the case of the Veyron and Lambo, you are talking about big, heavy boats. I had my share of these types of cars over the years, and I find the older more primitive cars far more interesting, both to drive and to admire.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelonious Ponk View Post
    I know these modern, low-slung mid-engine Italian things with all their little cylinders and cams and fuel injectors and turbo chargers are the bees knees on the winding road, but for pure, unadulterated sex on wheels...

And it sounds like a half-dozen Harleys singing harmony. Pax Americana, baby.

Tim

289's cool; 427's scary. Real cobras, cool. Kit cars, bad. Real AC's are cool too. I'd have one even if it didn't have a Cobra badge on it. And not to bust your balls, Tim, but the car that was the basis for it was from Ye Merry Olde Englande.

Anybody have the torque and horse stats?

The French sure have come a long way from the CitroŽn. BTW, thanks for sharing Steve. That was rather nice to watch.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Banned
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by whart View Post
    Northstar- the blue color emulates the traditional blue of the Bugattis of old, and i believe, was the 'national' color for racing in France. Me, I'd much rather see a pre-war Bugatti, a pre-war Alfa and throw in a 20's Bentley hot-rod just to make it interesting. I've lost my interest in modern 'supercars' as such. As technological exercises, they are pretty cool. Driving them is almost beside the point, since, at least in the case of the Veyron and Lambo, you are talking about big, heavy boats. I had my share of these types of cars over the years, and I find the older more primitive cars far more interesting, both to drive and to admire.
    -----I see.

______^______

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)/Member Sponsor garylkoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whart View Post
    You would have loved this:
    http://automotive.speedtv.com/articl...ic-grand-prix/

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, before I hurt my back, we drove the entire course. It was quite an eye opener with the tight turns and hills. The steepness of the hills definitely did not come across in all my years of watching this race on the TV. Unfortunately, because of the traffic, we went no faster than 30 km/h and we were in a Renault Cargo, not a Renault Red Bull

We also saw all the cars in the OP except for the Lexus (or may be I didn't recognize the Lexus when I saw it). My wife strained her neck watching movie stars, I strained my neck looking at cars.
    www.genesisloudspeakers.com, www.absolutefidelity.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast