Just released War of the Worlds Blu Ray D-Box Code and "2012" D-Box code.

Health Nut

May 26, 2010
"War of the Worlds" ripped my house apart last night... I have no doubt I was hitting 28,000+ watt peaks with both of those Lab Gruppen amps and all (8) 18" drivers hitting almost 3 inches of excursion... Along with the intense, absolutely intense D-Box code, War of the Worlds is uterly amazing. I really enjoyed this movie much more than when I first saw it. WOW!! War of the Worlds is truly a subwoofer/HT extreme bass movie!

For movies like "2012" and "War of the Worlds" there is no subsitute for D-Box, sheerly amazing!

All throughout the movie... Those tripods just devastate the subwoofers and D-Box chairs... I actually got quite a massage as a side benefit. There were a few scenes where the chairs vibrated and shook more than I had ever seen in any movie before. then again, with (8) 18" inch subs hitting 3 inch excursions, it might have been the floor flexing as well :D It scared the crap out of me... I thought either the ceiling was going to come down, or a fuse was going to blow... Adding almost 4 octaves of boost with an LT circuit is scary when you have source material with bass in the single digits.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
not so sure I agree
What did you say? I can't hear you :D.

Couldn't resist :). I suspect he needs all that power for frequencies at or below 20 Hz. Has there been studies of hearing damage at those frequencies? We know the ear is highly insensitive in that region and hence my comment. The only guidelines I have heard are for much higher frequencies. Here is one from OSHA: http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_agents/noise_auditory.html. As you see, they don't seem to concern themselves to much below 100 Hz.

markc2

May 12, 2010
TX
What did you say? I can't hear you :D.

Couldn't resist :). I suspect he needs all that power for frequencies at or below 20 Hz. Has there been studies of hearing damage at those frequencies? We know the ear is highly insensitive in that region and hence my comment. The only guidelines I have heard are for much higher frequencies. Here is one from OSHA: http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_agents/noise_auditory.html. As you see, they don't seem to concern themselves to much below 100 Hz.

Be careful you might have some whales freaking out off the coast though, with those low frequencies. :D

Mark

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing