America's Favorite Beers

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I've sampled every one of those beers. It's hard to believe however, that they sell more than Bud. For instance, Sam Adams is fond of saying that the big breweries (like Bud), spill more beer than Sam Adams brews. It's been my observation that, in the big cities, people tend to drink craft beers and in the country, people tend to drink the American standards, Miller, Bud, etc.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've definitely not seen a commercial for Yeungling. Probably why we haven't heard of it. Must have fantastic word of mouth ( didn't see any growth figures, eek, I just scanned) or a huge and loyal base to have that kind of total sales figures with unit price per units that low.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Yuengling's been growing steadily over the last ten years -- I've watched it spread from the Midwest to the East Coast. They are branding themselves as sort of the 'True Blue American Brew' -- not owned by a conglomerate, etc. Sort of an upgraded profile to PBR.

It's very mild stuff, I much prefer Sam Adams to it. Like Bud and Rolling Rock, forex. they use grains in addition to barley to lighten the flavor and perhaps save money. ( a major reason Bud uses rice).

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Yuengling brews a great hoppy ale named "Chesterfield" it's light and packs a punch. One of my Wharton buddies is part of the Yuengling dynasty, I've nik'd him ding-a-ling. The brewery sits on the side of a steep hill in the middle of Pottsville, Pa. A town fast forgotten by time and coal dust. It stands still with few Mercedes and lots of bars and Churches. When talking with a local you are expected to end each sentence with the word "ain't" spoken as a question. How was school today? Ain't? That's a fine Mustang, ain't? The Turkey Hill ran out of strawberry ice cream, ain't? It's the north world (nor of Reading, PA) of Rabbit Redoux, Rabbit gets Rich and all things John Updike.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
It's not a west coast thing.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
It's definitely starting to be an East coast thing with regards to Yuengling. I too have seen no advertising but the word of mouth around these parts is rather thick. My buddy and his wife have been drinking it pretty much exclusively for years.

Greg_R

Jan 25, 2012
I've definitely not seen a commercial for Yeungling. Probably why we haven't heard of it. Must have fantastic word of mouth ( didn't see any growth figures, eek, I just scanned) or a huge and loyal base to have that kind of total sales figures with unit price per units that low.

They are one of the oldest brewers in the U.S. and have always been popular in the mid-atlantic region (brewed in PA). From the 1950s to 1990s they were pushed aside for cheap 12-packs of XYZ beer but have made a resurgence with the craft beer movement.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing