MBL Owners, what has been your speaker evolution?

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
caesar

B&W 801s -> Brentworth Sound Labs-> Maggie 3.5Rs -> B&W N802s -> Klipshorns -> SoundLab A1s -> B&W N800S -> Maggie 20.1Rs -> MBL 101E MkIIs -> the end.

Ki

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The end indeed :)

I had the pleasure of listening to Ki's system, and it was one of the most musically enjoyable I've listened to..... and the source wasn't even tape! The mbl's certainly worked well in a very asymmetric room that would have been hell for most loudspeakers.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Obviously he does not live in a hotel room

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Obviously he does not live in a hotel room

Greg:

The room isn't ideal at all. It's slightly better in size than an average hotel room with just 8' ceiling and all windows in the back with left 101E located about 9' from the wall behind and the right 101E located only about 4' due to oddness in construction of the room.

Only the MBLs had been able to give me relatively satisfying bass and imaging even from non-audiophile lowly CDs. The Soundlabs A1s that just about touched low ceiling came pretty close but it was high maintenance ordeal at best.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing