Visiting Australia in August

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've always wanted to go to Australia. Wonderful history, unique plants and animals, reportedly great food and yes, many great Golf courses. Somehow I never got the chance.

Looks like I'm pushing through this time. I was invited to play the local leg of the Mercedes-Benz Trophy, an amateur tournament set up by Mercedes Benz for their Golf playing owners. I took my family on vacation on Boracay Island (Ranked 2nd best beach in the world - a bit of a tourism plug for the Philippines there :D) and the tournament was scheduled for the very next day after my arrival from the island. I almost called early in the morning to withdraw since I was pretty tired. I hadn't accepted any of the invitations in years past because it has coincided with past family trips but this time I felt I had no excuse. The local Mercedes distributor is a friend so I figured I'd suit up and give him some moral support.

I opened with a bogey, followed with a double bogey, a par then made back to back birdies. I figured, whoah, I'm still in this thing! I tried to just play smart and ended up winning the whole thing. What I didn't know at the onset was that part of the prize was a chance to represent Mercedes Philippines in Brisbane, Australia and if I win there in the World Trophy in Stuttgart. Cool! All expenses paid. Even Cooler!!!!!!!

What I am looking forward to as much as the Golf is the MB track day where we get to throw many MB cars around a track and skidpad (too bad no SLS! :( ) and drive a G offroad. Highlight should be being strapped into the front seat of a race prepped C63 AMG piloted by a racecar driver on a closed road course. Being used to left hand drive cars, it will feel like I'm in the driver's seat without any controls in a right hand drive car. That should be hair raising! In any case it will allow me to experience things I would never do in my own C63.

To my Aussie friend in the forum, I'm very much looking forward to seeing your beautiful country. Although it's only a 6 day trip, I have a feeling I'll be going back hopefully for at least a week more and that time with my family!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Keith,

Yes just Brisbane this time. We've been wanting to go to Sydney and the Gold Coast for quite some time now. The day will come :D

Jack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing