Stereo Design at San Diego - room 7

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I must admit that Wilson is not my favorite speaker, but I heard a great setup with the series 20xx from Boulder, just fantastic!, i think it was the X1´s - pics later!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I must admit that Wilson is not my favorite speaker, but I heard a great setup with the series 20xx from Boulder, just fantastic!, i think it was the X1´s - pics later!

i am intrigued!!! Lets see it!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
What Wilson is this?

Room 7

Attachments

• securedownload..jpg
    securedownload..jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 214

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, gentlemen. I apologize in advance for the off topic post but I was wondering what artist/song the XLFs at PARAGON SIGHT AND SOUND, Ann Arbor,MI link was playing. Anybody know by chance?

Here's the link >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8RaFkj3gtQ

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Ah, thank you jap. Much appreciated. ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks Lloyd/Steve - great sounding speakers, excellent bass dispersion, extended high resolution and life-like mids, they created a nice scenario (this might be the only area where I prefered my Avalons) - the wife listened and said "these sound better than yours..."

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks Lloyd/Steve - great sounding speakers, excellent bass dispersion, extended high resolution and life-like mids, they created a nice scenario (this might be the only area where I prefered my Avalons) - the wife listened and said "these sound better than yours..."

Wow! That sounds like [almost] an invitation to find a pair!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I have heard the Boulder...while i prefer the Gryphon, i like the Boulder A LOT. With the right source, the combination with the Maxx IIIs could be serious magic. What source were they running?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have heard the Boulder...while i prefer the Gryphon, i like the Boulder A LOT. With the right source, the combination with the Maxx IIIs could be serious magic. What source were they running?

They were using the top-of.the-line Digital Server and Preamp from Boulder (Series 2000 I guess) with expensive Transparent cabling.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing