Pebble: E-Paper Watch

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

pwfletcher

Dec 14, 2011
There are a bunch of smartwatches out now, and interestingly a bunch of them were kickstarter funded. However, none of them are really showstoppers. The designers just haven't come out with a great product yet that really harnesses the technology. Plus, it seems like most of them are still pretty buggy. Do you think any high end companies like Rolex will come out with a smartwatch?

Last edited:

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Do you think any high end companies like Rolex will come out with a smartwatch?

I don't know if they will. It's one thing for Fountain pen companies to create roller-balls, quite another for Luxury watch companies to do a smartwatch. More likely than not, there will be co-branding by Porsche, Ferrari, etc. I don't believe that Luxury watches are into the "life style" market. I certainly don't see Patek doing it. Omega & Tag Hueur - maybe...

pwfletcher

Dec 14, 2011
I don't know if they will. It's one thing for Fountain pen companies to create roller-balls, quite another for Luxury watch companies to do a smartwatch. More likely than not, there will be co-branding by Porsche, Ferrari, etc. I don't believe that Luxury watches are into the "life style" market. I certainly don't see Patek doing it. Omega & Tag Hueur - maybe...

You're probably right ... at least for the time being ;-)

pwfletcher

Dec 14, 2011
This one is pretty cool too ;-)

I am a little surprised that more iWatch rumors haven't been floating around. It seemed like we were hearing a lot of them for a while there ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing