Refund problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hello,

I have a question; is anyone here familiar with or has any business dealings with a person named Axinia Schaefer in Germany? This person has also used an alias, I believe that it was "Kasugi" on eBay, while selling an English version of a German book by Dietrich Brakemeier...Living Stereo?

Unfortunately, I am looking to receive a return of monies, $2400.00 USD., that I paid to her agent last August for a Micro Seike RX-3000 stainless-steel platter...no platter and no refund. I was told by her agent in October that they would not be going to deliver the platter to me. Still waiting for my refund; has anyone else had a similiar situation?

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
I think you can forget your money. Daniel, alias Dietrich, turns out to have a long history developing a nice relationship with people via internet and forums like this, and a few of his friends pumping his stuff, and then people get interested, he comes to your home and gets your
gets your money and disappears. I found out too late. I paid $8000 for his 8x8 amps on approval. He flew to my home in November with them, and left. (He was supposed to deliver the Omnigon which i order 6 months earlier but excuse after excuse on why not ready. but he came without the omnigon; later delivered in January!) After listening a couple of days to the 8x8,
i activated his 'refund the money after audition' offer and gave it back to him. He took it on the plane and still do not have my money back. He flew back in January with the Omnigon,
and was so charming and believable, that stupidly I put $17,000 down on Apolyt turntable that he was saying he was going to begin producing and deliver by April 2012. Within a few weeks i begin to hear stories from others on Audiogon who had done business with him and had the same experience of non-delivery and cheating out of money. i think what he does is take the product back and then sells it a 2nd and 3rd time.

There is much worse to this story. As I connect with other people, even in Germany, I find that they have been cheated out of substantial sums just like me. You got off easy. I have lots of emails substantiating these facts. I have asked him for months to repay the money he owes; at first he agrees, and then he starts 'spinning' lies. He is very accomplish at this, to the point i think he is a person who feels no guilt. Integrity means nothing to him. The experience of others, and myself, is that when he is confronted, he drops out of sight and then resurfaces for another victim.

I too have seen the ebay thread where 5 or 6 hears ago under the Asian alias "Kasugi" he got a whole lot of people to prepay for a book on audio he was writing, and nothing was delivered.
A lot of people cheated. Each time he uses his wife Axinia as the person to send the money to and the front person. So you are not the first, but one of many. That is simply an undisputable fact. I would be happy to forward that thread, a very long thread of people complaining he stole their money and disappeared. Axinia was the front person for Kasugi, because Kasugi is Daniel.

The sad thing is that his products are good. He is famous for the Apolyt table which has been out of production 15 years. So he got me to put some money down on it, and he is looking for other victims, who read on forums that he stuff is good, trust the people saying so, and not realize that they will wait years.....and he will eventually defraud them as he did as Kasugi and as Daniel to me and you. This is a person with a long history of fraud. He hurts the entire audio community that is built on trust. And worse, he is a masterful spin artist. I think he actually convinces himself that he is speaking the truth. He will 'spin with me', i send him rebuttal via his own previous mail and promises, and he goes silent.

I, by the way, have the Omnigon. I wish i didnt. If he ends up in jail, or stops doing business like the last 15 years because of reputation problems, what good is the warranty? How do you expect to ever get it repaired if needed when he cannot be trusted? He might have your unit for months and make endless excuses on non delibery and why the warranty is no good and want money or you don't get your unit back. I would never send the Omnigon to him because my experience is that he keeps gear like the 8x8 i let him take back, and it to others and does not give you your money back.....even tho he promised me money back guarantee after audition. NOW I FIND OUT THAT OTHERS were given the same 8x8 amp guaranteed refund, did not like it and returned it, but he has not returned their money. One of these people I know had this experience and that was more than a year ago. He tells me 'he has no hope because daniel does this'. Daniel hurts the audio community because trust is crucial. Sad.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think you can forget your money. Daniel, alias Dietrich, turns out to have a long history developing a nice relationship with people via internet and forums like this, and a few of his friends pumping his stuff, and then people get interested, he comes to your home and gets your
gets your money and disappears. I found out too late. I paid $8000 for his 8x8 amps on approval. He flew to my home in November with them, and left. (He was supposed to deliver the Omnigon which i order 6 months earlier but excuse after excuse on why not ready. but he came without the omnigon; later delivered in January!) After listening a couple of days to the 8x8,
i activated his 'refund the money after audition' offer and gave it back to him. He took it on the plane and still do not have my money back. He flew back in January with the Omnigon,
and was so charming and believable, that stupidly I put $17,000 down on Apolyt turntable that he was saying he was going to begin producing and deliver by April 2012. Within a few weeks i begin to hear stories from others on Audiogon who had done business with him and had the same experience of non-delivery and cheating out of money. i think what he does is take the product back and then sells it a 2nd and 3rd time.

There is much worse to this story. As I connect with other people, even in Germany, I find that they have been cheated out of substantial sums just like me. You got off easy. I have lots of emails substantiating these facts. I have asked him for months to repay the money he owes; at first he agrees, and then he starts 'spinning' lies. He is very accomplish at this, to the point i think he is a person who feels no guilt. Integrity means nothing to him. The experience of others, and myself, is that when he is confronted, he drops out of sight and then resurfaces for another victim.

I too have seen the ebay thread where 5 or 6 hears ago under the Asian alias "Kasugi" he got a whole lot of people to prepay for a book on audio he was writing, and nothing was delivered.
A lot of people cheated. Each time he uses his wife Axinia as the person to send the money to and the front person. So you are not the first, but one of many. That is simply an undisputable fact. I would be happy to forward that thread, a very long thread of people complaining he stole their money and disappeared. Axinia was the front person for Kasugi, because Kasugi is Daniel.

The sad thing is that his products are good. He is famous for the Apolyt table which has been out of production 15 years. So he got me to put some money down on it, and he is looking for other victims, who read on forums that he stuff is good, trust the people saying so, and not realize that they will wait years.....and he will eventually defraud them as he did as Kasugi and as Daniel to me and you. This is a person with a long history of fraud. He hurts the entire audio community that is built on trust. And worse, he is a masterful spin artist. I think he actually convinces himself that he is speaking the truth. He will 'spin with me', i send him rebuttal via his own previous mail and promises, and he goes silent.

I, by the way, have the Omnigon. I wish i didnt. If he ends up in jail, or stops doing business like the last 15 years because of reputation problems, what good is the warranty? How do you expect to ever get it repaired if needed when he cannot be trusted? He might have your unit for months and make endless excuses on non delibery and why the warranty is no good and want money or you don't get your unit back. I would never send the Omnigon to him because my experience is that he keeps gear like the 8x8 i let him take back, and it to others and does not give you your money back.....even tho he promised me money back guarantee after audition. NOW I FIND OUT THAT OTHERS were given the same 8x8 amp guaranteed refund, did not like it and returned it, but he has not returned their money. One of these people I know had this experience and that was more than a year ago. He tells me 'he has no hope because daniel does this'. Daniel hurts the audio community because trust is crucial. Sad.

I met him what 15 or 20 years ago when Dietrich was part of this record trading club and he came over to the States. Something shady about that guy even back then. He would trade records with people and then claim he was cheated and demand more LPs, etc. Knew about his book and don't know anyone who has it.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sounds like he is laughing all the way to the bank.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Yikes, CSL!

CSL, sorry to hear about your problems; yes, it sounds like that we both might be in the same bucket regarding our refunds. I also have a few other issues with Dietrich, Daniel, D., DDB...all of the monikers that Mr. Dietrich Brakemeier has been know to work under. Yes, it appears that his company is registered under his wife's name. Apparently, there were issues.

Best

Last edited:

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
What do you mean by "other issues"? that sounds like he had legal troubles in Germany? I have always wondered why his wife Axinia is the front person to whom we send money instead of him? Why does he not have his own company? Can you clarify for us.... I am thiniking this is just one more piece in a deceptive person who scams people. Please tell us what you know

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thats a shame to hear such stories , esspeccially because its a international thing which makes it difficult , as mentioned in another thread , i hope everyone has everything on paper and can start a law suit possibly a combined one .
There are some cowboys in the industry , i just finished a courtcase against a dealer overhere which took me 2 years ,but i got everything back.
If that guy has no money after all , you have a problem even if you win the case

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Is he on this forum and if he is what name does he go by?

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Hello,

I have a question; is anyone here familiar with or has any business dealings with a person named Axinia Schaefer in Germany? This person has also used an alias, I believe that it was "Kasugi" on eBay, while selling an English version of a German book by Dietrich Brakemeier...Living Stereo?

Unfortunately, I am looking to receive a return of monies, $2400.00 USD., that I paid to her agent last August for a Micro Seike RX-3000 stainless-steel platter...no platter and no refund. I was told by her agent in October that they would not be going to deliver the platter to me. Still waiting for my refund; has anyone else had a similiar situation?

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

sorry to read that you are dealing with such, this is just bluntly wrong and hope you get your money back.

He seems to be currently selling on Audiogon under "dertonarm" http://app.audiogon.com/listings?seller_id=211367&show_media=true and three of those items listed are production pces that he has been selling for a while now.

To read what CSL is dealing with is even worse and out of pocket for allot more, CSL how much are you actual out.

8x8 Amps $8,000.00
Coil $5,000.00 ?
Table $17,000.00
Total $30,000.00?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
This is starting to hit a little closer to home now. I was thinking I had no idea who this guy is that you guys have been talking about. When someone said “Dertonarm,” it got my attention. I have communicated with Dertonarm many times. I bought an FR-64s arm, Orsonic headshell, and an Audioquest tonearm cable that he recommended. He provided me with detailed instructions on how to set up the FR-64s in order to obtain maximum performance from the arm. Mind you, I didn’t buy any of this gear from him. He also sent me some special gun metal screws for the cartridge/headshell interface free of charge. I still have the envelope unopened that he sent me because I decided the FR-64s was not for me.

The bottom line is that I have always found Dertonarm to be a very knowledgeable person and also very helpful. If this guy has pulled all of the stunts that people say he has (and I have no reason to doubt it), how come he hasn’t been thrown off of Audiogon and taken to court?

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
this is exactly how he works. at first very, very helpful. but i found over time that his 'knowledge' is often simply "daniel is never wrong" . for example, he urged me to buy a Minus-K platform for my turntable. 'MUCH BETTER THAN VIBRAPLANE ETC" but i countered that with spinning platter etc, that it be very difficult to center it and keep it stable. "NO, that is wrong.
The minus-K is the only way"....... well it isn't and it is not a good choice. Other examples accumulated.

but the key is that he does just what you said in being helpful. And then he insists you PREPAY whatever buy. And then you wait months, sometimes several years for people in Germany. I know for a fact that my Omnigon was delivered when several people in Germany prepaid and had been waiting almost 2 years, and he delivered personally mine first. Why to me? Because was building my confidence in him, baiting me to buy the Apolyt which a lot of money and profit, and prepay it!!! ...... He had others on the line to prepay the Apolyt as well. But then the news started to circulate and people backed out..........
And because of forums like this, and because people NOT posting their experience BECUASE HE OWED THEM MONEY AND STILL HOPED TO GET IT AND NOT want MAKE HIM MAD, and because some people around him not speaking up, i and others found out too late that HE DEFRAUDS PEOPLE AND lies and lies. You should see the mail i have from him and how he changes color when suddenly it is time for him to pay money back. then he a different person. He is pathological..... I FOUND OUT TOO LATE FROM PEOPLE IN GERMANY whom i know that Daniel never pays money back.
And then he works his strategy just as you describe on another victim, and suckers them into prepaying because "he is so nice and has been so helpful and is so knowledgable".
Why hasn't he been thrown off forums? Because he changes names, and people to whom he owes money or product believe in "miracles" -- they dont speak up because they hope to get their money back or the product 'they read about is so good" they keep hoping...
Part of his success is our 'audio greed' -- the fear that we are missing out on some nirvana of sound....so we take the 'bait'. I know of a couple of guys who met him, their warning lights went off about him being a fraud, and they did not buy. They were smarter than some of the rest of us.
In any case, i, for one, am filing charges with the District Attorney this week. For two weeks i have been in conversation with the DA, and putting my evidence in order for the filing. And I have started another process i do not want to be public about. I gave him lots of chances. So sad, but this Daniel, Dietrich, Kasugi..... whatever his name is, has defrauded me out of a lot of money.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I bought my Da Vinci tonearm from Dertonarm. Everything was in order. I had the impression he was a broker for the uber geld deutschelanders and sold their discarded toys.

I guess sociopaths come in all shape and colors, but it is odd he does some things OK and not others, unless he is just going crazy.

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
not odd. this is part of getting ur confidence. he will sell other people's gear or other products used and it always good. this is how he builds up his score. and he sells cheaper than normal
his plan is to turn things rapidly.
it is when you order anything HE MAKES AND YOU PREPAY. THE STORY IS always the same. ENDLESS EXCUSES AND SPIN.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Interesting. I just checked Dertonarm's feedback on Audiogon and he has 62 positive feedbacks and one negative that was just given on 4/26/12 and I assume that is by someone on this forum.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
CSL

Truly sorry for the troubles you have had with Dertonam/Danie. Hopefully Daniel will do the right thing and satisfy you and provide an explanation to the wider community here. l

Personally I have only had positive experience with Daniel. His uni tractor alignment tool while expensive is extremely good and superb build quality.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
This is like a tale of two different people. I find it really odd that he had perfect feedback on Audiogon until 24 April 2012 when someone here dropped the bomb on him. I don't know how you can rip people off and maintain perfect feedback over a period of years I really wish he would come here and explain his side of the story.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
This is like a tale of two different people. I find it really odd that he had perfect feedback on Audiogon until 24 April 2012 when someone here dropped the bomb on him. I don't know how you can rip people off and maintain perfect feedback over a period of years I really wish he would come here and explain his side of the story.

Hi Mep,

It appears that this one is a clever one...mainly, those mentioned Audiogon sales are related to selling products for others or the Uniprotractor. If you own this Uniprotractor, maybe you should look at it real close...it is closer than most.

Mr. L and myself have been patiently trying to solve these many issues through other channels. I even flew to Munich in February and tried unsuccessfully to meet with Dietrich-Dertonarm while I was there for over a week; however, I had no success meeting with him. I was able to find out that there are issues that preclude him from having a VAT- based business in Germany, hence his business partner Axina Schaefer. Please feel free to
do an Internet search to see what you may find.

Best

Last edited:

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
Exactly what i thot when i read his feedback! wow, guy with integrity. the issue your raise was EXACTLY MY THINKING AND MY MISTAKE.

What i did not notice is that it is mostly small stuff or he is selling someone else's gear like tonearms. Nothing in there of an omnigon buyer giving him a plus feedback,
NOTHING from buyer of Apolyt turntable OR omnigon. yes, 2 different guys, selling in 2 different markets. one small fry; the other big game. Yes, when he is churning or selling the protractor for $800 or other people's gear, he goes overboard to make the transaction work. and there prompt delivery -- it other people's stuff. and it small dollars.

But his high priced, prepaid Omnigon or Apolyt . Well, that is a different story. You prepay lots of dollar because you dont read closely the feedback, and then wait 2 years, and then fraud, and not get back money he owes. That is when the prevarication, the lies, begin. HE SPINS THE TRUTH SO that in the end he owes you NOTHING...... i have trail of requests.....and eventually he owes me nearly nothing!
i have lots of emails where the facts are known. Later he tries to spin out of it.
When i meet fraud and theft on this scale, this has to be known and stoppedl

finally, if Daniel, alias Kasugi, is a stand up guy, then how do you explain his fraud via Axinia, his wife, on ebay? This is the same daniel and lots of people cheated and defrauded. So how do you explain all the positives....? No, how does he explain ebay and all the big ticket items.
I wish i had known about that earlier. Lots of people cheated and then he changes names and disappears. Not this time. This is the same guy. I wish i had known this.

One of person in Germany told me a few weeks ago: Daniel knows what he is doing. He knows the loopholes. He has done this a long time. And no one spoken up. This time too much money at stake.

i have no benefit in pursuing this issue, except it seems to me there is an OBLIGATION among us to expose con men for the sake of others. That what has happened to us will not happen to others. This is the first time in my audio life i have experienced this. Most people i deal with are very fine people. This is just sad to me. And he must not be permitted to dupe more people.

Daniel, i am told, knows that German laws say that if it is a custom order, there is a big loophole and he thinks he is invincible. But not in the USA. He did not count on this. I am of course going to invoke usa law which i do not want to publicize on this forum yet.
Hope this helps/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing