Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Refund problem

Refund problem

Hello,

I have a question; is anyone here familiar with or has any business dealings with a person named Axinia Schaefer in Germany? This person has also used an alias, I believe that it was "Kasugi" on eBay, while selling an English version of a German book by Dietrich Brakemeier...Living Stereo?

Unfortunately, I am looking to receive a return of monies, $2400.00 USD., that I paid to her agent last August for a Micro Seike RX-3000 stainless-steel platter...no platter and no refund. I was told by her agent in October that they would not be going to deliver the platter to me. Still waiting for my refund; has anyone else had a similiar situation?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Last edited by ALF; 04-29-2012 at 09:31 AM.

I think you can forget your money. Daniel, alias Dietrich, turns out to have a long history developing a nice relationship with people via internet and forums like this, and a few of his friends pumping his stuff, and then people get interested, he comes to your home and gets your
    gets your money and disappears. I found out too late. I paid $8000 for his 8x8 amps on approval. He flew to my home in November with them, and left. (He was supposed to deliver the Omnigon which i order 6 months earlier but excuse after excuse on why not ready. but he came without the omnigon; later delivered in January!) After listening a couple of days to the 8x8,
    i activated his 'refund the money after audition' offer and gave it back to him. He took it on the plane and still do not have my money back. He flew back in January with the Omnigon,
    and was so charming and believable, that stupidly I put $17,000 down on Apolyt turntable that he was saying he was going to begin producing and deliver by April 2012. Within a few weeks i begin to hear stories from others on Audiogon who had done business with him and had the same experience of non-delivery and cheating out of money. i think what he does is take the product back and then sells it a 2nd and 3rd time.

There is much worse to this story. As I connect with other people, even in Germany, I find that they have been cheated out of substantial sums just like me. You got off easy. I have lots of emails substantiating these facts. I have asked him for months to repay the money he owes; at first he agrees, and then he starts 'spinning' lies. He is very accomplish at this, to the point i think he is a person who feels no guilt. Integrity means nothing to him. The experience of others, and myself, is that when he is confronted, he drops out of sight and then resurfaces for another victim.

I too have seen the ebay thread where 5 or 6 hears ago under the Asian alias "Kasugi" he got a whole lot of people to prepay for a book on audio he was writing, and nothing was delivered.
    A lot of people cheated. Each time he uses his wife Axinia as the person to send the money to and the front person. So you are not the first, but one of many. That is simply an undisputable fact. I would be happy to forward that thread, a very long thread of people complaining he stole their money and disappeared. Axinia was the front person for Kasugi, because Kasugi is Daniel.

The sad thing is that his products are good. He is famous for the Apolyt table which has been out of production 15 years. So he got me to put some money down on it, and he is looking for other victims, who read on forums that he stuff is good, trust the people saying so, and not realize that they will wait years.....and he will eventually defraud them as he did as Kasugi and as Daniel to me and you. This is a person with a long history of fraud. He hurts the entire audio community that is built on trust. And worse, he is a masterful spin artist. I think he actually convinces himself that he is speaking the truth. He will 'spin with me', i send him rebuttal via his own previous mail and promises, and he goes silent.

I, by the way, have the Omnigon. I wish i didnt. If he ends up in jail, or stops doing business like the last 15 years because of reputation problems, what good is the warranty? How do you expect to ever get it repaired if needed when he cannot be trusted? He might have your unit for months and make endless excuses on non delibery and why the warranty is no good and want money or you don't get your unit back. I would never send the Omnigon to him because my experience is that he keeps gear like the 8x8 i let him take back, and it to others and does not give you your money back.....even tho he promised me money back guarantee after audition. NOW I FIND OUT THAT OTHERS were given the same 8x8 amp guaranteed refund, did not like it and returned it, but he has not returned their money. One of these people I know had this experience and that was more than a year ago. He tells me 'he has no hope because daniel does this'. Daniel hurts the audio community because trust is crucial. Sad.
    csl

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL View Post
    I think you can forget your money. Daniel, alias Dietrich, turns out to have a long history developing a nice relationship with people via internet and forums like this, and a few of his friends pumping his stuff, and then people get interested, he comes to your home and gets your
    gets your money and disappears. I found out too late. I paid $8000 for his 8x8 amps on approval. He flew to my home in November with them, and left. (He was supposed to deliver the Omnigon which i order 6 months earlier but excuse after excuse on why not ready. but he came without the omnigon; later delivered in January!) After listening a couple of days to the 8x8,
    i activated his 'refund the money after audition' offer and gave it back to him. He took it on the plane and still do not have my money back. He flew back in January with the Omnigon,
    and was so charming and believable, that stupidly I put $17,000 down on Apolyt turntable that he was saying he was going to begin producing and deliver by April 2012. Within a few weeks i begin to hear stories from others on Audiogon who had done business with him and had the same experience of non-delivery and cheating out of money. i think what he does is take the product back and then sells it a 2nd and 3rd time.

There is much worse to this story. As I connect with other people, even in Germany, I find that they have been cheated out of substantial sums just like me. You got off easy. I have lots of emails substantiating these facts. I have asked him for months to repay the money he owes; at first he agrees, and then he starts 'spinning' lies. He is very accomplish at this, to the point i think he is a person who feels no guilt. Integrity means nothing to him. The experience of others, and myself, is that when he is confronted, he drops out of sight and then resurfaces for another victim.

I too have seen the ebay thread where 5 or 6 hears ago under the Asian alias "Kasugi" he got a whole lot of people to prepay for a book on audio he was writing, and nothing was delivered.
    A lot of people cheated. Each time he uses his wife Axinia as the person to send the money to and the front person. So you are not the first, but one of many. That is simply an undisputable fact. I would be happy to forward that thread, a very long thread of people complaining he stole their money and disappeared. Axinia was the front person for Kasugi, because Kasugi is Daniel.

The sad thing is that his products are good. He is famous for the Apolyt table which has been out of production 15 years. So he got me to put some money down on it, and he is looking for other victims, who read on forums that he stuff is good, trust the people saying so, and not realize that they will wait years.....and he will eventually defraud them as he did as Kasugi and as Daniel to me and you. This is a person with a long history of fraud. He hurts the entire audio community that is built on trust. And worse, he is a masterful spin artist. I think he actually convinces himself that he is speaking the truth. He will 'spin with me', i send him rebuttal via his own previous mail and promises, and he goes silent.

I, by the way, have the Omnigon. I wish i didnt. If he ends up in jail, or stops doing business like the last 15 years because of reputation problems, what good is the warranty? How do you expect to ever get it repaired if needed when he cannot be trusted? He might have your unit for months and make endless excuses on non delibery and why the warranty is no good and want money or you don't get your unit back. I would never send the Omnigon to him because my experience is that he keeps gear like the 8x8 i let him take back, and it to others and does not give you your money back.....even tho he promised me money back guarantee after audition. NOW I FIND OUT THAT OTHERS were given the same 8x8 amp guaranteed refund, did not like it and returned it, but he has not returned their money. One of these people I know had this experience and that was more than a year ago. He tells me 'he has no hope because daniel does this'. Daniel hurts the audio community because trust is crucial. Sad.
    I met him what 15 or 20 years ago when Dietrich was part of this record trading club and he came over to the States. Something shady about that guy even back then. He would trade records with people and then claim he was cheated and demand more LPs, etc. Knew about his book and don't know anyone who has it.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Sounds like he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Yikes, CSL!

CSL, sorry to hear about your problems; yes, it sounds like that we both might be in the same bucket regarding our refunds. I also have a few other issues with Dietrich, Daniel, D., DDB...all of the monikers that Mr. Dietrich Brakemeier has been know to work under. Yes, it appears that his company is registered under his wife's name. Apparently, there were issues.

Best
    Last edited by ALF; 04-29-2012 at 06:54 PM.

What do you mean by "other issues"? that sounds like he had legal troubles in Germany? I have always wondered why his wife Axinia is the front person to whom we send money instead of him? Why does he not have his own company? Can you clarify for us.... I am thiniking this is just one more piece in a deceptive person who scams people. Please tell us what you know
    csl

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Thats a shame to hear such stories , esspeccially because its a international thing which makes it difficult , as mentioned in another thread , i hope everyone has everything on paper and can start a law suit possibly a combined one .
    There are some cowboys in the industry , i just finished a courtcase against a dealer overhere which took me 2 years ,but i got everything back.
    If that guy has no money after all , you have a problem even if you win the case

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Is he on this forum and if he is what name does he go by?

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    Is he on this forum and if he is what name does he go by?
    Hi Jack here you go; DDB http://www.whatsbestforum.com/member.php?2501-DDB He also goes by Dertonarm on Audiogon http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sear...?0&1&pfindmemb has items currently for sale on Audiogon http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...mb&zzDertonarm
    Wow this is really terrible to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ALF View Post
    Hello,

I have a question; is anyone here familiar with or has any business dealings with a person named Axinia Schaefer in Germany? This person has also used an alias, I believe that it was "Kasugi" on eBay, while selling an English version of a German book by Dietrich Brakemeier...Living Stereo?

Unfortunately, I am looking to receive a return of monies, $2400.00 USD., that I paid to her agent last August for a Micro Seike RX-3000 stainless-steel platter...no platter and no refund. I was told by her agent in October that they would not be going to deliver the platter to me. Still waiting for my refund; has anyone else had a similiar situation?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

sorry to read that you are dealing with such, this is just bluntly wrong and hope you get your money back.

He seems to be currently selling on Audiogon under "dertonarm" http://app.audiogon.com/listings?sel...how_media=true and three of those items listed are production pces that he has been selling for a while now.

To read what CSL is dealing with is even worse and out of pocket for allot more, CSL how much are you actual out.

8x8 Amps $8,000.00
    Coil $5,000.00 ?
    Table $17,000.00
    Total $30,000.00?

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast