OmniMic

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I am about to buy this - any thoughts or experiences? Like do I need a network USB cable for best results? :D

Thanks

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
I am about to buy this - any thoughts or experiences? Like do I need a network USB cable for best results? :D

Thanks
Hi Peter,

It's a great tool and I've used one since introduction. Lengthy user thread here, as well as brief discussion on this board here. No, the only cable you need comes with the kit and connects the mic to your laptop.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks Ken - now that I have optimized this system by ear w/o optimizing the room, let's see what the data says...

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Love this product.

Only recommendation I would add is if you want to be in another room while you run it, you may want to consider an extension ("powered") USB cable which costs about $15 if I recall.

Based upon my experience it is impossible to truly optimize a multichannel system (2.1 or greater) without this or REW or XTZ or something equivalent. This one seems to be the best compromise between full function and ease of use. REW does more but I never could get consistent results and the original version of XTZ was quite lacking in my opinion but I understand it has been greatly upgraded.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks. I just read your signature for the first time - love people with a delicate sense of humor!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing