RIP Dick Clark

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The TV producer was bet known for hosting "American Bandstand" and "New Year's Rockin' Eve."

Dick Clark, the successful TV producer and host of American Bandstand and New Year's Rockin' Eve died Wednesday morning of a massive heart attack.

The 82-year-old was reportedly in Los Angeles' St. John's hospital after having an outpatient procedure performed Tuesday night, as first reported by TMZ.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Sad to hear that Dick Clark has passed on as ABS was one of my fav TV shows. I watched Chubby Checker,Little Anthony,Leslie Gore,to name just a few.Just a great time in American music history and Dick Clark was at the top or start of the best of times,RIP Dick.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
He was as vauble to rock 'n' roll as you can get with out being a musician. Less well know was inssitence on giving exposure to Americans of African Descent.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He was truly an icon. I remember running home from school every afternoon to watch American Bandstand first out of Philadelphia and then LA. He made the regulars on the show part of our family. To see him after his stroke and his recovery was always concerning. He never seemed to age a day in his life

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
He was truly an icon. I remember running home from school every afternoon to watch American Bandstand first out of Philadelphia and then LA. He made the regulars on the show part of our family. To see him after his stroke and his recovery was always concerning. He never seemed to age a day in his life

+1

AB was for white boys who couldn't dance like me :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
+1

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Pink Floyd appeared on American Bandstand during their first visit to the U.S. whilst promoting their "The Piper At The Gates of Dawn" album. Mr. Clark introduced them as "The Pink Floyd".

Rest in peace Mr. Clark and thank you!

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Pink Floyd appeared on American Bandstand during their first visit to the U.S. whilst promoting their "The Piper At The Gates of Dawn" album. Mr. Clark introduced them as "The Pink Floyd".

Rest in peace Mr. Clark and thank you!

I think that it was Apples And Oranges that they sung, at least from what I can gather.
There seemed to be a very great variation in musical types on his show. I remember seeing PIL on there, which seemed so strange.
Sad news that he's gone.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I remember sitting in front of the TV with a portable reel to reel in my lap telling my mother to be quiet so I could record American Bandstand.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I used a wire recorder connected to the speaker terminals of the TV.

--Bill

how many of you remember the book published annually for $5 by American Bandstand which had photos of all of the regulars on the show

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I had a couple of classmates who were regulars (i.e., dancers) on that show. That's what happens when you grow up in Hollywood. Me? No way. I couldn't make it. My hips don't move that well unless I am sufficiently medicated, errrr..., intoxicated.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing