DIN cable Connectors?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Anything different or special about these? Why does only Naim (out of the popular brands) use these and swear by them?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
i remember what a bitch it was looking for the 'right' DIN to RCA adapter to run my blaupunkt head unit ('70/80s car audio) into my Zapco amps. to my knowledge it was a euro standard that never caught on here and is now abandoned everywhere. every DIN conector ive ever seen was cheap and inferior to the high-end RCA's we have now. As for Naim, ive owned their stuff and the only thing i agree with was the BNC connectors on the very early units. gas tight connection, not unlike a camac - neither of which are used any longer for line level signals.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing