TAD M600 Monaural Power Amplifier

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Class AB, confirmed yesterday, I spoke to someone from TAD at a show here in Belgium. There is also mention of this in the M600 service manual.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
I had it wrong than. That I read and think was told actually by a TAD guy at my dealer. They are Pioneer people though and new to the products so maybe got it wrong. They need training fast...

holik

Sep 2, 2012
Does anyone have the review of C600/ M600 from latest issue of HiFi News&RR ?
What they are saying?

B-BOB

Mar 11, 2015
Both wrong, TAD-M600 doesn't work in class AB nor class D.

It's actually working in "cutoffless class B emitter-follower type SEPP (Single ended push-pull)"
It's a patented design by Pioneer Electronics since 1984 (you can find the patent through google) and the TAD-M600 is a clear implementation of this principle, which has many improvements over class A or class AB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amir

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
I just learned few days ago that TECHNICAL BRAINS were involved greatly in developing the m600s and the c600... it is in a class AB, in the vain described here-
"It's actually working in "cutoffless class B emitter-follower type SEPP (Single ended push-pull)"
It's a patented design by Pioneer Electronics since 1984 (you can find the patent through google) and the TAD-M600 is a clear implementation of this principle, which has many improvements over class A or class AB. "

Reactions: Amir

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing