Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Please post your TAD photos here ....

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    AB- I'm glad you enjoyed the picture, but it's not my system....saw it on FB.

I have no desire to own any TAD or Pass Labs equipment.
    yeah i knew the pic was file; too grainy to come straight from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    I couldn't agree more: mine. The power supplier is humongous.

Stunning!

Beautiful...thanks for posting more photos!

Hi everybody,

This is my first post at WBF, glad to be here ! After a happy listening period of 4 years with amazing TAD CR1's, "the golden shot" arrived in my cave last week. I hope to share first picture if can manage it right :-)Name:  IMG_3067.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  650.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Hi everybody,

This is my first post at WBF, glad to be here ! After a happy listening period of 4 years with amazing TAD CR1's, "the golden shot" arrived in my cave last week. I hope to share first picture if can manage it right :-)Name:  IMG_3067.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  650.5 KB
    CONGRATULATIONS on a huge upgrade over what was already a great speaker. Once they break in, you will be further amazed at what the R1s are capable of!

Very happy for you!!!

<a fellow TAD R1 owner since this past December and extremely happy at that!>

Thank you �� Today, I installed Harmonix tuning base RF-999 under spikes of REF1. I was satisfied with their performance under CR1's. Surprisingly, my initial impression is not the same when using them under REF1's. Do you have any similar experience ? What would be the best feet for them ?

Thank you �� Today, I installed Harmonix tuning base RF-999 under spikes of REF1. I was satisfied with their performance under CR1's. Surprisingly, my initial impression is not the same when using them under REF1's. Do you have any similar experience ? What would be the best feet for them ?
    You are very welcome!

The RF-999 will yield different results as would any other device due to the difference in mass and size of the R1s versus the CR-1s. With this, and with heavier versus mid-size amps, etc...I've found there is no one 'fits all' answer.

I have been using Stillpoints ULTRA5 bases underneath my R1s since January (no spikes) and have found them indispensable to tightening bass and mid-bass in particular. I would highly recommend those. SP makes and ULTRA6 but one person I know who tried both the 5 and the 6s with his 2 pair of R1s (yes, you read it correctly), found no difference between the 5 and 6 so the extra $$$ for the ULTRA6s is not necessary (a set of the ULTRA5 already costs enough IMHO :-) ) !

Thank you for great recommendation, this seems to be my next investment then :-)

Thank you for great recommendation, this seems to be my next investment then :-)
    It's a bit pricey as an option however it is 'once and done' for the R1s or anything else in the future you might apply them to; you won't be sorry you did. No spikes is key as the coupling bolt from the top of the ULTRA5s is not of a big enough diameter (IMHO and based upon my trials) to hold the ULTRA5s offset from the R1 bases with the big Stillpoint spikes on the bottom (moving speakers with spikes introduces undue stress on the junction and I was not comfortable carrying forward with them. All that stated, I tried ULTRA5s with spikes and no spikes; with 1 1/2" or better thick pile carpeting, I have not heard any sonic advantage to spiking these once the ULTRA5s are on them. If you are looking for a good source for Stillpoints products and don't have a dealer nearby, I can recommend one,...PM me and let me know. Good Luck!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678