What's Your Favorite Single Malt Scotch

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I was at an audio meeting in Austin recently that also had a Scotch tasting. Different people brought different Scotches and we would taste while listening to music. Great way to learn about Scotches and hear some good tunes at the same time.

Steve6.jpg

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I was at an audio meeting in Austin recently that also had a Scotch tasting. Different people brought different Scotches and we would taste while listening to music. Great way to learn about Scotches and hear some good tunes at the same time.

View attachment 4850

Hi Wardsweb,

I don't think that Bushmills is a Scotch; I believe it's an Irish Whiskey.;) Not that I know anything about that stuff.

Mike

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
You're right, Mike. Another friend brought that over to my house for the meet. He mentioned it wasn't scotch, but it was good. At our last four or five audio meets, we've started bringing various scotches to try. Kinda nice sampling some new scotches and sampling some new music at each other's homes on a monthly basis.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
You're right, Mike. Another friend brought that over to my house for the meet. He mentioned it wasn't scotch, but it was good. At our last four or five audio meets, we've started bringing various scotches to try. Kinda nice sampling some new scotches and sampling some new music at each other's homes on a monthly basis.

It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

View attachment 4850

Sounds like a good time! Like the Lagavulin for sure! Have the same bottle, along with the 12 and Distiller's Edition.

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Macallan cask strength.....Mmmmmmmm goooooooood !

Tom

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
You meant sherry cask, correct?

Tom

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
The 12-yr sherry is high on my list of favorites, but then again so are many of The Macallans. The cask strength has a very enjoyable nose but you really have to add a bit of water to release the flavors, which to a purist defeats the original purpose.

So I say to myself...now why have I not put together a Jazz and Scotch night for my friends?

Tom

theophile

My very favourite(until I find - another) is on the far left of that row of whiskeys:

Dalwhinnie.

View attachment 4850

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
My very favourite(until I find - another) is on the far left of that row of whiskeys:

Dalwhinnie.

My favourite is not in the lineup. Oban. I do love the Bushmills 16 though, but I believe it is actually Irish. Full disclosure - I quite drinking single malts a decade ago. Strictly working from memory here.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am still holding strong on the Penderyn, but a Bushmills is in line! :)

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
pub next to my house has over 1,000 single malts to try , we keep all the good stuff

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
My favorite is Lagavulin 16
If I want to back it down a bit Balvenie 12

And I like my scotch neat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing