Fellow Burmester owners on WBF?

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Anyone else here own Burmester electronics/speakers?

I personally have a 911 mk3 power amp and a 948 power conditioner. Huge fan of the line!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi Joost,

I traded in my 911mk3 stereo amp and I am waiting for my factory mono 911mk3's to arrive. Awesome gear. :)

Joe

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I have been a Burmester fan for a long time (early 90s) . My last system was all Burmester electronics (Preamp, amp, DAC, Transport, Phono Stage) . They remain IME among the best gear one can purchase. The whole line up is excellent well built and to last. When you buy in Burmester it is for the long runThe 911 was originally designed in 1991.... 21 years ago, . Service is exemplary and reliability stunning. They simply work and work under conditions that would destroy most other gears ...
the 911 MKIII mono, I haven't heard. I know you can easily bridge the 911 but I don't know what the monos are about... I am rebuilding my speakers based system and likely it will be mostly Burmester ... As for amps I have a monster non_Burmester in my sight depends on the speakers I will ultimately get ... else back to the 911 MKIII ... I am thinking every day that I should get an 808MK V (originally designed in 1980 !!!) and be done with preamps for the next 20 years :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
For those who would like to audition Burmester gear [myself included], where might be some locations in the US to do so? I do not see any US distributors listed on their main website.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I can post a dealers name if that's OK. Please feel free to edit if necessary.

Joe

Tyler T. Mueller

Next Level Audio & Video
1124 Ascot Way
Bartlett, IL 60103

tyler@nextlevelav.com
www.nextlevelav.com

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Thanks. Off another thread, I spotted another one that Steve will be visiting shortly.

http://www.lmche.com/electronics-on-demo3.htm

15507 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
480-403-0011

1231 W. Warner Road
Tempe, Arizona 85284
480-403-0010

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thanks. Off another thread, I spotted another one that Steve will be visiting shortly.

Cool. Thank you. It always seem a little tough getting timely info from Burmester. The dealers are invaluable in this regard.

Joe

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
AT one point Lyric Audio NY carried Burmester then it was Sound By Singer before it went down ... Presently I don't know who carries them in NY ...

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
For those who would like to audition Burmester gear [myself included], where might be some locations in the US to do so? I do not see any US distributors listed on their main website.

Best thing to do would be to contact Robb Niemann - CEO, Burmester N.A. e-m-a-i-l: r o b b ( a t ) b u r m e s t e r ( d o t ) c a

If any members are in the Pacific Northwest around May 5th, I will be showing the Genesis Dragons with the full Burmester stack at the "Dragon Burn-in Party". I might even have 909's to use :)

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
After almost 2 years of very enjoyable ownership of a pair of burmester 909s and 077preamp , all i can say is- wow!
this gear just gets better sounding by the hour.no kidding.

WBTbabe

Aug 17, 2014
Can your owners please share your knowledge of XLR cables that you use with your Burmester system? Thank you

WBTbabe

Aug 17, 2014
I am not going to be a big help to you from the arm to the phono stage I have a tri planner arm which has a hard wired cable from the phone to the KXR ayre I am using a Ayre signature cable.

Thank you

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Can your owners please share your knowledge of XLR cables that you use with your Burmester system? Thank you

I suppose you are asking for te pinout? Please se here:

BURMESTER PINOUT

If it is about specific brand of cable ... I am not sure I can help you there..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing