Top Three Vodkas

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me it is Grey Goose, Grey Goose and Grey Goose

However, I do remember a Dateline story last year which had a bunch of people in a bar all of whom said they prefer Grey Goose and could pick it out of a bunch of contenders in a drink challenge. Suffice it to say everyone failed the test and most were picking Smirnoff's as to what they thought to be Grey Goose

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Ditto.

(Semi-) Interesting anecdote: I have a friend who was searching out vodkas, but every one, including Grey Goose, gave him severe headaches. He liked the flavor so much he kept on tasting. He finally found one that didn't give him any headaches: Skye.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good old fashioned Stolichnaya straight out of the freezer drunk from a frozen shot glass. Preferably served with a plate of bite size Potato Blinis with Salmon Roe, chives, and sour cream.

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Belvedere is pretty tasty.

Cheers!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I learned about vodka from some Moscovites who live here...the best vodka i have ever had, bar none, is Kauffman Private Reserve. They took me to a hotel bar, lined up 20 shot glasses and 20 different vodkas...the whole top shelf...and we sipped each one...it was breathtaking. Like nectar...believe it or not, there is no burn, no fume...it goes down like thick water with almost a sweetnes to it, if i could call it that. If you were inclined to do so, you could drink it with a straw, it is that effortlessly smooth and burn-free. I now have it at home, and even my girlfriend (who usually drinks margheritas, lychee martinis)...can drink it straight. Absurdly expensive, but incredible

the next in line is Konik's Tail. And after that Russian Standard Platinum. Both are stunning, and i prefer them to any vodka i have had all way up the price chain (these cost 35 bucks/bottle) until you get to Kauffman Private Reserve (160/bottle).

Last edited:

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
If you can find them, Effen Vodka from Holland (i think) is fantastic, Chopin Vodka will knock Grey goose out of the park, Thirs would be Absolut...... find them and give them a go.

I can just picture a bar scene in the U.K.:

Barman: What would you like, sir?
Customer: "I'd like some Effen Vodka."
Barman: Please don't use that kind of language here, sir.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I can just picture a bar scene in the U.K.:

Barman: What would you like, sir?
Customer: "I'd like some Effen Vodka."
Barman: Please don't use that kind of language here, sir.

Good one!....;)

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Had some Ketel One last night, nice, but I still prefer the Belvedere.

Cheers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing