Strangest Local News in Recent Memory

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Guy attempting Suicide to be charged with Homicide

Say what?

Lapulapu City, Philippines

A man attempted to take his life by jumping of the Lapu Lapu bridge late yesterday evening. He landed on a fisherman who was night fishing in his small outrigger canoe. The fisherman was killed by the impact. The jumper survived.

This guy gets my vote for loser of the century.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This news illustrates very well how thin the separation between tragedy and comedy in our daily lives, is... I must admit that it elicited a chuckle from me ..Until I remembered the loss of an innocent's life and the despair that would push a person to commit suicide in the first place :(

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Boy, tell me about it Frantz. I might have had sympathy for the jumper if he hadn't landed on the poor fisherman. Man what are the odds of this happening!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
The fisherman was murdering fish. The Fish Gods took revenge.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If you wanna kill yourself, go deep into the jungle where no man has ever been before,
and jump off of the highest and deadliest cliff. :b

Leave no stone unturned. Go with a splash! :b

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Guy attempting Suicide to be charged with Homicide

Say what?

Lapulapu City, Philippines

A man attempted to take his life by jumping of the Lapu Lapu bridge late yesterday evening. He landed on a fisherman who was night fishing in his small outrigger canoe. The fisherman was killed by the impact. The jumper survived.

This guy gets my vote for loser of the century.

The guy who wanted to commit suicide-his time wasn't up yet. The fisherman he landed on-his time was up.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
And Jack, how is the Chinese and Philippine standoff going?

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We have as good a chance of winning that one as the fisherman in the canoe.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Last I knew, the Chinese have two surveillance boats holding off your largest naval ship and another smaller one. No one has blinked yet that I know of.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Our boys are brave Mark but without ship to ship missiles.............

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Jack-I know. The ship I referred to as being the biggest ship in your Navy is the one we just sold to the Philippines. It wasn't even a Navy ship, it was a retired Coast Guard cutter. The Philippine Navy needs to modernize big time. China is.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack-I know. The ship I referred to as being the biggest ship in your Navy is the one we just sold to the Philippines. It wasn't even a Navy ship, it was a retired Coast Guard cutter. The Philippine Navy needs to modernize big time. China is.

No way we could keep up even if we tried Mark. The win-win situation is joint exploration. Sadly there are too many players to get a clear consensus among the nations. :(

mep

Apr 20, 2010
That and the fact that China is claiming territory on the shores of other countries that no one else in the world is recognizing. China is the big, bad bully in the neighborhood. Give the Philippines credit, they are challenging the bully right now.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That and the fact that China is claiming territory on the shores of other countries that no one else in the world is recognizing. China is the big, bad bully in the neighborhood. Give the Philippines credit, they are challenging the bully right now.

Isn't it always about oil?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/w...ution-sought-in-south-china-sea-standoff.html

Somewhere saw a report that China is putting their flag on every piece of rock and even using underwater buoys to mark sites. But claiming it dating back to the 13th century? Then the American Indians could claim the US!

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Isn't it always about oil?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/w...ution-sought-in-south-china-sea-standoff.html

Somewhere saw a report that China is putting their flag on every piece of rock and even using underwater buoys to mark sites. But claiming it dating back to the 13th century? Then the American Indians could claim the US!

A place we would rather not go to.. because the American "Indians" could rightfully claim the US... let's leave it at that .. it is IMHO one of the most painful and regretful chapter of an otherwise great history, that of the USA.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
It's all true Myles, it's about gas and oil primarily. I think history shows how we treated the Indians.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing