What's Your Favorite Beer

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I will start by saying, I'm more of a scotch person, but when I do have a beer:

For all around drinking and with food: Stella Artois (Belgium)
For something a bit more rich and complex: Saint Arnold Amber Ale (Houston Texas)
For something lite: Amstel Light (originally Dutch, bought and moved to the Heineken plant in the 80's)

If you're a beer guy and ever in Houston Texas, stop by JP Hops House. It isn't fancy but they have a lot beers and live music. http://www.jphopshouse.com/beer.html

wineslob

Aug 5, 2010
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, they are right down the street from where I work.....................

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Let's walk the talk, guys :)

* Brother Thelonious Ale
* "Vinyl" by Magic Hat (Spring seasonal, may no longer be available)
* Bitches Brew (seriously, just announced recently)

You're messin' with me, right? There's a Brother Tehlonious Ale? Gotta have some!

P

R-2-R

Aug 10, 2010
I don't have three, I have 5 or 6 or ? Anyway here are my top favorites (all in bottle of course or served in a cold glass by choice and in no particular order!:)

MODELO ESPECIAL
CORONA LITE
HEINKEN LITE
BECKS LITE
SPATEN
HEINKEN
BECKS
CORONA
DOS EQUIS (XX)
PERONI

Last edited:

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Any Bay Area folks had Reality Czech on tap out there? Been dying to try it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Any Bay Area folks had Reality Czech on tap out there? Been dying to try it.

I love Czech beers! In fact, I've really become quite fond of the Eastern European offerings as of late. These beers have great character with a slight aftertaste that I enjoy.

John

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Czech pilsners are my favorite style of beer. Lighter in body and refreshing, yet complex and full flavored. Difficult to make well and require more time, so many craft brewers stick to ales only. Though I appreciate heavy ales and such I'm not really a fan, and find many waaay over-hopped just to get attention. No balance.

Some people think Reality Czech is the best American pilsener, but it's only avail on tap in Northern CA and nearby. Of what's avail here in the East, Victory Prima Pils is excellent.

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
Lots of other things have happened as well. Labatt is now owned by the takeover merger of Anheuser-Busch (U.S.) and InBev (Belgium), making the combined company the largest brewer in the world. I don't know what exactly happened to O'Keefe breweries (Carling label)...I think maybe Labatt bought them out a few decades ago.

John

Carling O'Keefe was bought by Elders IXL of Australia in 1987 and later merged with Molson to form Molson Breweries Canada in 1989. At the time of the merger, Molson was the second largest Canadian brewing company, while Carling O'Keefe was third. The merger put the combined company ahead of former market leader Labatt, and made it the sixth largest North America brewery. Seven Canadian plants were closed due to consolidation. [2]

Molson later merged with Coors to form Molson Coors Brewing Company.

Carling brands are currently owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company. In South Africa it is distributed by SABMiller.

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Way too many to mention.

Cheers!

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Today, having a bomber of Clown Shoes "Lubrication", a tasty American Black Ale.

Cheers!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sapporo Black was magnificent :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Simon Templar

Jan 19, 2012
Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma

Accept no substitute!

....sT

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Today, having the newest Squatters brew "Radio From Hell", one of the best ambers I've had to date.

Cheers!

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
This afternoon, having a very delicious brew from Stone Brewing Co. "15th Annv." A Imperial Black IPA done very very well.

Cheers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing