What's Your Favorite Beer

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Although I personally prefer micro-brews, especially when I go out, here are my 3 choices for the everywhere available consumer beer brands

Domestic: Molson Canadian
US: Rolling Rock
Import: Pilsner Urquel

John

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Although I personally prefer micro-brews, especially when I go out, here are my 3 choices for the everywhere available consumer beer brands

Domestic: Molson Canadian
US: Rolling Rock
Import: Pilsner Urquel

John

Canada does have some terrific beers

The three which come to mind are

Labatt's Blue
Molson's Golden
Carling's Black Label

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Victory Prima Pils
Okocim 'O.K.' Beer
Kozol -- tough to get here

There a tap only beer you can get in the SF area call Reality Czech that I'm dying to try.

I'm a pilsner/lager man -- I brew occasionally and that's what I make

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Canada does have some terrific beers

The three which come to mind are

Labatt's Blue
Molson's Golden
Carling's Black Label

I haven't seen a Molson Golden in years up here, mind you I haven't really looked. I do think however this is mostly brewed for the U.S. market. A good beer indeed.

John

Steve Williams

I haven't seen a Molson Golden in years up here, mind you I haven't really looked. I do think however this is mostly brewed for the U.S. market. A good beer indeed.

John

Molson is brewed in the USA now??

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Molson is brewed in the USA now??

Not sure Steve, it could be brewed up in Canada and exported. However, with the Coors-Molson merger a few years ago, it is entirely possible that some or one Coors plant is producing this brew in the U.S.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I never knew that Coors and Molson merged

Lots of other things have happened as well. Labatt is now owned by the takeover merger of Anheuser-Busch (U.S.) and InBev (Belgium), making the combined company the largest brewer in the world. I don't know what exactly happened to O'Keefe breweries (Carling label)...I think maybe Labatt bought them out a few decades ago.

John

Steve Williams

Lots of other things have happened as well. Labatt is now owned by the takeover merger of Anheuser-Busch (U.S.) and InBev (Belgium), making the combined company the largest brewer in the world. I don't know what exactly happened to O'Keefe breweries (Carling label)...I think maybe Labatt bought them out a few decades ago.

John

I used to remember seeing a Labatt's brewery driving along the 401 somewhere near Wilson avenue. Is that still there

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Guinness draught

Fat Tire

Pyramid Hefeweizen

Between June 11th and July 11th I'll be consuming a few of those at my local pub when watching the World Cup 2010. Although I'll have to sneak in a Heineken in support of my team!

John

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
San Miguel Premium

Asahi Dry

Labatt Ice

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Love San Miguel in the summertime and w/Asian food.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I used to remember seeing a Labatt's brewery driving along the 401 somewhere near Wilson avenue. Is that still there

Yes Sir! Have never been there myself, but I understand you can get your brew there on those holidays when the beer stores are closed. They still haven't changed in Ontario...probably never will.

John

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The first two are Mexican beers and the third is a private label brew sold by Trader Joes:

Bohemian
Negra Modelo
Mission St. Pale Ale

Jay, I think your first beer is actually Bohemia which is also my favorite Mexican beer.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It's not quite fair comparing American with any other beers given the ROH content :) A few European beers are as high as 9-10% alcohol. And in fact, one hasn't had real UK beer until one has gone to the UK. They ship their crap over here :(

That said like Pilsner Urquel and Anchor Steam. Molsons as made in Canada with its higher ROH levels is far better than the beer sold here. There are a lot of smaller beers that run across whose names escape me at the moment. (and not because of drinking :) )

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Nordic Light for taste.
For guzzling and intoxication
Yuengling and Anheuser Busch in the can.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing