Stand UP Vacuums

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
What kind do you use. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson DC-41 Animal. What a difference it makes in cleaning the carpet. We own one cat and I can't believe how much hair that little urchin has put in my carpet. I find the Dyson to be much quieter than previous vacuums and the suction power is superb. The ball make manuevering sublime and the transistion from carpet to hard surfaces is nothing short of fantastic.

If you own stock in a broom company my advice would be to liquidate that position. ;)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
We have used a Kirby G4 for over 30 yrs now. Still works very well on carpets and makes a transition to floors quite easy, but can be a PITA for anything else. It is by no means quiet.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
I think stand up vacuums are much better than the other type. Because they have beaters and put more weight on carpet, they seem to clean carpet more effectively.

I have 3 vacuums at home - an upright Dyson, a handheld Dyson, and a robot vac cleaner :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What kind do you use. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson DC-41 Animal. What a difference it makes in cleaning the carpet. We own one cat and I can't believe how much hair that little urchin has put in my carpet. I find the Dyson to be much quieter than previous vacuums and the suction power is superb. The ball make manuevering sublime and the transistion from carpet to hard surfaces is nothing short of fantastic.

If you own stock in a broom company my advice would be to liquidate that position. ;)

I agree on the Dyson. Couldn't believe how much fur it removed from the carpet :(

You do need to keep the Dyson though immaculately clean to ensure it working properly. That included the rotor that gets easily clogged, and dirt trap that fills quickly (including also the "foam" filter that needs washing on a regular basis).

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
we're happily living with a Shark Navigator for 2 yrs now... much better than our previous hepa filter vacuum cleaner, we were surprised how much dirt it picked up from our carpet the first time we used it... build quality is not as good as Dyson, but is not priced as expensive as Dyson either.

my wife bought it after seeing this infomercial
she's happy with it, and has recommended it to her mom and 2 sisters.

yes, it sucks :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing