Thread: Stand UP Vacuums

Stand UP Vacuums

What kind do you use. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson DC-41 Animal. What a difference it makes in cleaning the carpet. We own one cat and I can't believe how much hair that little urchin has put in my carpet. I find the Dyson to be much quieter than previous vacuums and the suction power is superb. The ball make manuevering sublime and the transistion from carpet to hard surfaces is nothing short of fantastic.

If you own stock in a broom company my advice would be to liquidate that position.
    ...Get Along Kid Charlemagne...

We have used a Kirby G4 for over 30 yrs now. Still works very well on carpets and makes a transition to floors quite easy, but can be a PITA for anything else. It is by no means quiet.
    A Bug!! Naa...that's a feature!!
    Cables at DAC end impedance matched. Synergistic

I think stand up vacuums are much better than the other type. Because they have beaters and put more weight on carpet, they seem to clean carpet more effectively.

I have 3 vacuums at home - an upright Dyson, a handheld Dyson, and a robot vac cleaner
    Classical music enthusiast. System photos here.

WBF Founding Member/Member Sponsor MylesBAstor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    What kind do you use. I finally broke down and bought a Dyson DC-41 Animal. What a difference it makes in cleaning the carpet. We own one cat and I can't believe how much hair that little urchin has put in my carpet. I find the Dyson to be much quieter than previous vacuums and the suction power is superb. The ball make manuevering sublime and the transistion from carpet to hard surfaces is nothing short of fantastic.

If you own stock in a broom company my advice would be to liquidate that position.
    I agree on the Dyson. Couldn't believe how much fur it removed from the carpet

You do need to keep the Dyson though immaculately clean to ensure it working properly. That included the rotor that gets easily clogged, and dirt trap that fills quickly (including also the "foam" filter that needs washing on a regular basis).
    Myles B. Astor, PhD
    Senior Assistant Editor, Positive-Feedback Online, www.positive-feedback.com;
    Executive Editor, www.AVShowrooms.com

Skepticism is the sadism of embittered souls.

There is something to be said in doing things wrong the exact same way every time. Itís not a good thing, but still.

we're happily living with a Shark Navigator for 2 yrs now... much better than our previous hepa filter vacuum cleaner, we were surprised how much dirt it picked up from our carpet the first time we used it... build quality is not as good as Dyson, but is not priced as expensive as Dyson either.

my wife bought it after seeing this infomercial

she's happy with it, and has recommended it to her mom and 2 sisters.

yes, it sucks