Greg Williams Saints Bounty Audio

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Wow. It just makes you wonder how common that type of speech is in other locker rooms.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
D-u-m-b-o!

U-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e!!!!

Worlds Biggest Loser :)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
To my knowledge this was after they were told stop.
If that's true, issue of other teams becomes moot.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This is a total premeditated crime! To kill, and even worst!

* I played four years of football (we won the championship those four years in a row),
and never we heard (from our coach) to hit other players in that fashion! Never!
...And I was a defenseman; pass interceptor, no. 77 (or was it 76?).
...I'll have to check the pictures at my Mum's place, back east.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
This is just terrible. And makes his apology that included how 'he's not that kind of coach or person' even more BS than it already was.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
To my knowledge this was after they were told stop.
If that's true, issue of other teams becomes moot.

Yes several times including this one just before the playoffs!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
The more crap that comes to light about this organization, the more I want them all sent to purgatory forever. Scumbags, the lot of them.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
This seems to bemore prevalent in the NFL than we would like to think.

Football is about Violence and intimidation. Rushing the QB is not about being nice to him and to simply tell him no to throw the ball it is about the threat of serious bodily harms while you're going at him... That is the very basic nature of the game.. That is what deep inside people who love football know... To convince yourself how truly violent a football game is, watch it from the sidelines and see how much real blood is spilled on the field...
I do find his words despicable, objectionable... The fine line he crossed was to promise rewards for actual and immediate not incidental hurts ... Hitting the adversary in ways to hurt him is, however, implicit to football .. The adversary has to be entirely conscious of the threat of bodily harms.. Where he is wrong and become a thug is in calling specifically for the harm to come in a specific fashion but harm comes in football regularly and often silently ..

If violence and bodily harm are eliminated from football there is no more American football.. Same will apply to other inherently violent games such as Rugby, Australian footbal , etc... You remove the real violence it becomes a Broadway play.

Uhhhh ... I love football :eek:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
This seems to bemore prevalent in the NFL than we would like to think.

Football is about Violence and intimidation. Rushing the QB is not about being nice to him and to simply tell him no to throw the ball it is about the threat of serious bodily harms while you're going at him... That is the very basic nature of the game.. That is what deep inside people who love football know... To convince yourself how truly violent a football game is, watch it from the sidelines and see how much real blood is spilled on the field...
I do find his words despicable, objectionable... The fine line he crossed was to promise rewards for actual and immediate not incidental hurts ... Hitting the adversary in ways to hurt him is, however, implicit to football .. The adversary has to be entirely conscious of the threat of bodily harms.. Where he is wrong and become a thug is in calling specifically for the harm to come in a specific fashion but harm comes in football regularly and often silently ..

If violence and bodily harm are eliminated from football there is no more American football.. Same will apply to other inherently violent games such as Rugby, Australian footbal , etc... You remove the real violence it becomes a Broadway play.

Uhhhh ... I love football :eek:

The violence in football was brought into question with the Jack Tatum hit on Daryl Stingley. Tatum was a thug and headhunter.

But the issue is more that the players are with training becoming bigger, stronger, faster and more physical than ever felt possible. The players are exceeding the limits of the pads and helmets that are supposed to protect them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing