Any cyclists here?

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Those bikes bring back some childhood memories. I was a poor kid, the “rich” kids up the block had those. I had a cobbled together clunker. For grins though I might be tempted to ride one in the naked bike parade in Portland or Seattle. Wearing a mask of course, covid or not.

Those bikes would be perfect props for “the goonies” or “Stranger Things.”

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sort of reminds me of our gang when
I was a kid. We had the bikes with sparkle banana seats, slick tires and high rise handlebars. We would ride in formation like motorcyles.
We did not have much money. We pieced them together from parts we found in the trash. Those were the days

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sweet rides.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Press release for the BMW i Vision AMBY is cracking me up. Particularly the action photo.

The drive system enables speeds of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph) on cycle tracks, up to 45 km/h (28 mph) on city-centre roads and up to 60 km/h (37 mph) on multi-lane roads and outside urban areas. However, insurance plates and a corresponding licence are required for the higher speeds...

Manual selection of the modes is perfectly feasible, as are automatic recognition of location and road type via geofencing technology and the associated automatic adjustment of top speed. In the absence of any existing legal framework for a vehicle of this kind with a modular speed concept...

Reactions: ddk

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
A couple pics from Georgia Pass on the CO trail. I started at Kenosha Pass, climbed up to Georgia Pass, then too Jefferson Creek Trail back down, then back to Kenosha. Kenosha has some of the most scenic aspen groves, but they were still mostly green so I didn't stop to get photos.

I did get snowed on about 10 min after these pics were taken, I've been snowed on 3-4x this summer above treeline!

Bike is a Transition Spur, I waited over 6 months for it, it's perfect for CO Trail epic rides. Amazing bike! It's light but stiff enough and with modern geometry so it can handle some pretty rowdy downhills.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I also just picked up one of these... I was actually looking at a small urban car but now's a poor time to buy a car and with some added bags this can do 95% of my local errands. It's also so much nicer to ride bike paths than sit in heavy traffic. I love it. It reduces both time and effort required to bike by a massive amount. The motor augments your own power output by up to 4x and reaches 28 mph assisted. If anyone has been considering one... I'd say go for it!

Specialized Vado 4.0

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
B546E484-6051-438A-BF54-3B53186D3662.jpeg

Yes I am into my mountain biking - ride around 3 days a week on my local trails.

Here is my Bird AM9, Zeb Ultimate forks, and lots of tarty bits.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
View attachment 87769

Yes I am into my mountain biking - ride around 3 days a week on my local trails.

Here is my Bird AM9, Zeb Ultimate forks, and lots of tarty bits.

Nice! I have an Enduro bike too. I was scheduled to do 4 races in 2020 but then covid hit... I'll likely do a few this summer though.

I ordered a new frame as I have so many old parts around I can sell the Specialized and make a profit, now's a good time to sell bikes. I went for a Transition Spire, which weighs a few lbs less then the Spec Enduro, should be a bit more versatile. It'll be here March-April, I hope it fits and performs a lot like a larger version of my Transition Spur.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I can sell the Specialized and make a profit, now's a good time to sell bikes.

No, it is a good time to clean out the bike shed in Europe and Asia. In the US, Sotheby's will probably hold a modern and vintage bicycle auction this year.

I went for a Transition Spire... It'll be here March-April

Allow me to register a serious level of...

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Nice! I have an Enduro bike too. I was scheduled to do 4 races in 2020 but then covid hit... I'll likely do a few this summer though.

I wish you the best case of promoters and venues both being in alignment.

Congrats as well on the new frame.

Reactions: DaveC

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I wish you the best case of promoters and venues both being in alignment.

Congrats as well on the new frame.

Yes, I can't imagine what race organizers have gone through the last couple years! Even pro level Enduro racing has been a $hit show...

Thanks on the frame! It is hard to rely on delivery dates, but I waited 6 months for my Transition Spur and it showed up within 2 weeks of it's scheduled date. I love my Enduro but it's heavy and too much bike for any trail that doesn't make you fear for your life. The Spire's frame is nearly 3 lbs lighter!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing