mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Wow.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Nothing new here, but thanks for the heads up...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
This is a fine example of the best of the worst. I have heard of this company before and their less than stellar reputation of ripping off customers but thank you for posting this on the WBF.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
If a *dealer* wants to sell you a new piece of gear and warns you not to contact the manufacturer of the gear you just bought and you don't smell something wrong, you need to buy instant chicks.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Isn't MSS HiFi formerly known as The Audio Pimp?

Yep. He used to sell only used gear, but it seems now he has branched out into selling counterfeit gear.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yep. He used to sell only used gear, but it seems now he has branched out into selling counterfeit gear.

That's very interesting as I used to sell much of my used gear to him years ago when he was still the Audio Pimp. I always got fair prices on what I sold to them but I didn't know they now sell new equipment (let alone counterfeit)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I didn't either until I saw this thread.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I didn't either until I saw this thread.

There was him stuff a while back about Booey selling Synergistic Research stuff with removed serial numbers.

Y'all know he was kicked out of CES?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
A friend down here has bought from him with possitive results, to the extent of having a shipping damage issue with some dCS gear and resolved it promptly.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
wow.

How does one get kicked out of CES? He must have not paid his bill.

I heard the pimp took over the old Sound by Singer location. I've also heard he has a very thriving business.

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
Last december I visted his store, he was too busy with a customer to talk to me, He had the huge Jadis amps and a full Krell system sounding.
It is NOT the old Singer Location.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I am pretty sure he makes a nice, comfy living.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
wow.

How does one get kicked out of CES? He must have not paid his bill.

I heard the pimp took over the old Sound by Singer location. I've also heard he has a very thriving business.

Bring sleezy looking women and have them stand at the entrance to your room? ;)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
^ LOL, or lay on the listening couch waiting for "customers" :)

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
That's very interesting as I used to sell much of my used gear to him years ago when he was still the Audio Pimp. I always got fair prices on what I sold to them but I didn't know they now sell new equipment (let alone counterfeit)

Nice! I have bought some used gear from him in the past, when he was the Audio Pimp, and got excellent service and perfect gear. Perhaps it was your old gear? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing