Vivid and Magico

Cavl

Feb 26, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm new to this forum, but based on what I've seen in other posts, this seems like the right group to ask... I'd like to hear from those that have heard the Vivid Giya 2 (or G3) and Magico Q3. I'm interested in both speakers, but have yet to hear either. Most curious as to their sensitivity to matching electronics. I currently have Modwright's KSA 150 SE ss amp and 2 box tube preamp tied together with JPS Aluminata cabling and would prefer to keep. Thanks in advance for your input.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I have heard both speakers. If you can get by the looks of the Giya it is an amazing speaker

You must also hear the Vivid with the Luxman Class A amps. :) Great combo.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You must also hear the Vivid with the Luxman Class A amps. :) Great combo.

I agree Myles. Every time I have heard Phillip O'Hanlon demo this speaker with his Luxman gear it is truly magic. The speaker shape reminds me of the Diva in the Fifth Element

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have heard both at show conditions, I liked Vivid better by a large margin.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I agree Myles. Every time I have heard Phillip O'Hanlon demo this speaker with his Luxman gear it is truly magic. The speaker shape reminds me of the Diva in the Fifth Element

Funny you say that. We must both like 5th Element ;)

Cavl

Feb 26, 2012
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the input - BTW, agree with the similarities between the Giya and the diva in 5th Element... Any Vivid Giya owners out there that would like to share the electronics they're using?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks for the input - BTW, agree with the similarities between the Giya and the diva in 5th Element... Any Vivid Giya owners out there that would like to share the electronics they're using?

I just heard them with Halcro amps at CES, one of my favourite setups...

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
You should find a way to listen to them before you decide. I think once you have, you might find that Magico and Vivid are a very different sound. I much prefer Vivid, especially with the Luxman gear.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You should find a way to listen to them before you decide. I think once you have, you might find that Magico and Vivid are a very different sound. I much prefer Vivid, especially with the Luxman gear.

Interesting...can you describe those differences? I have not had the chance to hear Vivid, but i have heard Magico, Wilson, SF, ML, and others. Thanks for any feedback on this!

Robert

Nov 10, 2010
You should find a way to listen to them before you decide. I think once you have, you might find that Magico and Vivid are a very different sound.

I agree that you should listen to both, THEN listen to some others. Vivid may almost be as overhyped as Magico! Personally, I'd pass on both.

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
What did you buy

I'm new to this forum, but based on what I've seen in other posts, this seems like the right group to ask... I'd like to hear from those that have heard the Vivid Giya 2 (or G3) and Magico Q3. I'm interested in both speakers, but have yet to hear either. Most curious as to their sensitivity to matching electronics. I currently have Modwright's KSA 150 SE ss amp and 2 box tube preamp tied together with JPS Aluminata cabling and would prefer to keep. Thanks in advance for your input.

Out of interest which speaker did you get in the end?

I have heard various Magicos at shows and they just don't float my bloat however which way they have been set up.

I heard the Giyas, and the standmounts at the Audio Lounge behind Selfridges in London and was absolutely blown away by them. They are way more costly than my beloved Yamaha NS1000's - so they ought to be amazing but I have to say they are the only speaker I've heard that are as transparent as the Yams - but they image way better

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com

My Giya G1s are driven by two Luxman M800a in BTL mode.
Also Vitus monos sound as a great association to my ears.

Joel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing