Which BNC 50-ohm cable for NHB-108 and NHB-18NS interconnection

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks mike
For the true story of why Herve uses the ‘zeel’ 50 ohm BNC interface; here is an article he wrote in the Sept 2001 issue of Stereophile, page 59 to 69. “Reflections, Echos and Music”.

this article was written prior to the brand 'darTZeel' being launched.

View attachment 95167
Thanks Mike. Would you have the full article? would be an interesting read.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks mike

Thanks Mike. Would you have the full article? would be an interesting read.
i do have the Sept 2001 issue with the article. Herve does clearly (AFAIK) lay out the shortcomings of conventional interconnects, and i've been told it holds water scientifically although it's beyond me. i can get the drift of the points but not the details.

i've done enough A/B cable compares over the years to believe.

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
I found the 10mm Zeel cable very stiff and not easy to route. My pre and amp are close to a back wall, and curving the cable was not easy.
My preamp is on a rack behind me and the power amp is in front between the speakers. They're about 20' apart and I have a 1.5" diameter conduit going under the floor between the 2. I'm wondering if I will be able to route a pair of the 10mm cables through.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
My preamp is on a rack behind me and the power amp is in front between the speakers. They're about 20' apart and I have a 1.5" diameter conduit going under the floor between the 2. I'm wondering if I will be able to route a pair of the 10mm cables through.
I think so but you’ll have to manhandle it a bit. The biggest challenge for me was angling the cords at the BNC connections on the amp and pre, since the components are very close to a back wall.

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
I think so but you’ll have to manhandle it a bit. The biggest challenge for me was angling the cords at the BNC connections on the amp and pre, since the components are very close to a back wall.
Thanks.

Has anyone compared the 8mm with the 10mm cable? Is there a significant jump in SQ?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Has anyone noticed if the Dartzeel BNC cables are susceptible to increased background noise if in close proximity to an AC cord?

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing