Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Nice report

Hi Myles:

Very nice report.

For the record, I disagree about the Lamm/Wilson Maxx3 combo.

Agree about Vienna Acoustics! I think your take on the Magicos Q7 was pretty spot on.

I could not believe it...Alan Parsons I Robot!!! The funniest thing is that a friend of mine
let me rip his DVD-A. The high rez files sound amazing! Great record!

Look fowards to part 3.

Andre

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I am just checking the pics and reviews , great .
I might go and visit CES las vegas myself next year , i havent been in the states for about 17 years .

cheers h j

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For the record, I disagree about the Lamm/Wilson Maxx3 combo.

Hi Andre

Unfortunately Myles was right on. I say that only because I own the same amp/pre combo played through X-2's and I know how they should sound. The room just sounded somewhat lean IMO

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi Andre

Unfortunately Myles was right on. I say that only because I own the same amp/pre combo played through X-2's and I know how they should sound. The room just sounded somewhat lean IMO

I would go with "washed out." :(

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hi Andre

Hi Steve,

Maybe the CES sound would have been more filled in, and therefore less lean, if WA would have tried your independent transducer modifications. :cool:

Cheers!

ALF

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Interesting. I guess it might have also depended on when you entered the room. I heard them playing some live jazz vocals
that was very life like, with tons of body and texture.

But I defer to you! I do not have the pleasure of owning such a wonderful system!

But do take note, the Lamm/Wilson combo was noted as a good sounding room in about half a dozen show reports by
by various reviewers.

i also liked the Lamm Verity combo.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Funny how these things go...I though the MBL room was a bit washed out...just goes to show!

Did you see what I said there? :)

You really have to bring something (s) you know to evaluate. Just listening to an unknown recording isn't really the best test. You don't really have for iinstance a baseline to evaluate those jazz recordings :( Maybe they actually sounded better, maybe worse? There easily could have been things missing and you wouldn't realize it :( I brought along about 8 LPs and a couple of tapes to the show. Used about four of the LPs on a consistent basis in the analog turntable rooms.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I agree 100% with what you said about the MBL room.

They were playing Shelby Lynne's Just A Little Lovin when I was there, an album I am intimately familiar with It was just
as you described, a lack of soundstage depth and midrange presence.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing