Fine Dining starts at home!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Like many of you I've had the pleasure of dining in some wonderful restaurants all over North America and Europe during my lifetime, but nothing gives me greater pleasure than preparing a dining experience for someone else. It could be an entire 3-4-5-6 course meal, a simple outdoor BBQ, a lovely brunch or some interesting sandwiches over a few beers while watching the game. I grant you that my personal offerings aren't quite as visually appealing as a meal from Susur Lee or your own personal favourite, but I do believe they can be just as appetizing.

I am not a "gourmet" by any stretch, but I'm a damned fine cook and even "baker", and the passion comes through with every bite! ;). My Banana-Raisin Loaf for instance is legendary within my small circle of friends :)p) for its moistness and flavourful lingering impression. My cookware is worth a small fortune and I'm sure I'll be adding to it as time passes. I buy "Paderno" cookware almost exclusively as it it is highly regarded and I'm very comfortable with the weight, feel and construction of their products. I also believe they offer good value.

I guess I'm posting this here as I hope there could be some interest for a "Cooking" or "Recipe" type thread on here.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks Steve!

Sitting down a bite myself (leftover ribs - which I love, yum, yum), but maybe I can post that Banana-Raisin Loaf recipe in a few minutes to get started.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cool! I cook too!

I'll gladly share some of my original recipes :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just posted the Banana-Raisin recipe in the new forum to get started!

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing