AVShowrooms Broadcasts! Video announcements.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Please remove.

Last edited:

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Bob,
Yes, most audio shows are put on within hotels. There are some small shows in exotic mansions and there are shows in convention centers (the Munich show) but for the most part it's hotel rooms. The CES high end exhibits are on the "high roller" floors at the Venetian. See the MBL suite? I bet the last guy who stayed there lost more than the MBL system cost! At Axpona, one exhibitor lined the rear wall with mattresses and hung curtains in front to reduce slap echo. No one knew what was lurking behind the curtain!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I asked because I heard that most of these audio exibitions are less than ideal in them rooms.

So it is hard to make an objective analysis.

The day that they will make the rooms conformed to the speakers, that'll be the day! :b

You know what I'm saying right?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Yes, Bob. You are correct, it is hard to make an objective analysis but the one thing that must be considered is that they all have equally bad rooms. The high rollers might be the exception.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Video Updates... 14 new videos.
Ok, the CES 3rd and final series is up. Everyone can meet Gary from Genesis!!! He did a great job and the sound was wonderful in his room. Also, the AXPONA 2012 Gold Show Awards are up along with two initial videos. The best sound award went to the room/manufacturer who's sound was head and shoulders above the others.

Me bad, direct link to Gary...
Gary Koh, of Genesis- the first video

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I just did (I love these vid presentations/reviews). And nice to see Gary in there! I'm kinda bummed that I won't get to meet him in Montreal. Maybe next year or the Toronto TAVE Show in September.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Thanks, Peter. I love these video interviews. You can cover so much more than just a couple of hundred words with the usual show coverage by the print magazines. In the background, you can also hear what music some of the rooms are using for demo.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Cool vids ive yet to find the genesis vid.:D
The walker and and YG factory tour are nice , they are actually milled from a solid piece of aluminium those units ,very cool

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Yeah - it's the Funk Firm Saffire II. Very interesting table with great sound.

It was early, before the show opened that Peter turned up. I happened to be at the room early as I had the system running-in overnight, and had to touch-up the set-up and tuning. Cartridge suspensions warm up, cables bed-in and even loudspeaker surrounds/spiders loosen up different every day of the show. That's the greatest challenge to getting good sound for shows - set-up and running-in.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
New videos... the Bob Carver Showcase (right hand column) is up. He is an extraordinary and yet in person, very humble man. He pretty much gives HP the credit for his understanding of soundstaging (video 4). The Carver amps are very, very good, BTW.

Also, we have a new homepage design. It's less of that garage band look. Get this, we are approaching 200 videos, I think once we post the Ayon review and the Salon, Son and Image awards we'll pass the mark.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
20 new show videos are up... Genesis, Sceana (see what they are made of- it's surprising), Wilson, Devialet, MBL, Audio Power Labs... and many more. Also, the Maestro Charles Dutoit series begins. Hope you enjoy them!

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010

Attachments

• Axpona Thumb vide.png
    Axpona Thumb vide.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 305
  • New York awards t&.jpg
    New York awards t&.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 300

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
We complete the broadcast series! Salon Son & Image 2012

30 video reports from Salon Son & Image

The New York Audio and AV Show broadcasts begin on Monday! You'll get to really see (and hear) the outstanding exhibits.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Peter,

Will you be joining the crowds at the upcoming (Sept) T.A.V.E. Show in Toronto? Since I'll be there, that that should provide you with enough incentive, but I digress.;):p.
I love these video segments, and I think you've hit upon a winner.

Keep 'em coming Peter!:D

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Tommy James and the Shondells... three great Interview clips, you gotta see these.

Is this cool or what?

Tommy James and the Shondells

Tommy talks about sound, performing and the mob.

Attachments

• vrrrg..jpg
    vrrrg..jpg
    231 KB · Views: 266

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing