Cantate Domino - Propius SACD or FIM K2HD

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well, i have now compared the FIM K2HD Cantate to the original Propius CD. Haivng owned the Mozart Sinfonettas which is an older recording and possibly not as natural as i had hoped (touch 'firey' at the top end)...i was unsure. In a few words, at volume level 3 (working late tonite again so need to keep volume down)...it is plainly obvious that the FIM is superior in every way. Mainly, it just digs a lot, lot deeper into the recording. It is not louder, but the depth of detail is '35%+' more, so that when you go back to the original CD, the original feels like it skims the surface of the music. With the FIM, you get far greater resolution of detail throughout the spectrum. The music and instruments feel more more firmly rooted in real space, and the dilineation is much greater, so you really feel like there were real instruments generating the music which were recorded. If the Proprius is '100' for sake of an arbitrary standard, i would say the K2 is 150 or better. It really is material and even at this volume, and where i focus on value for money, i can say this Remaster is stunningly better than an incredibly well recorded CD.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
temptation! i have looked thru it and ordered Ella and Louis K2. looking forward to comparing it to the Analogue Productions version...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
temptation! i have looked thru it and ordered Ella and Louis K2. looking forward to comparing it to the Analogue Productions version...

terrific album. Best track is "You can't that away from me"

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Thanks to Winston and Bruce B here I can say that all FIM remasters are that good

It goes back to the care and love that Winston puts into all FIM remasters. He selects the best of the best - Bruce for the DXDs, JVC for the K2HDs, and Michael Bishop for the UltraHDs.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Thanks to Winston and Bruce B here I can say that all FIM remasters are that good

Nothging but a thumbs up from me. I have quite a few Fim's/Lim's and will overtime add more. You can count on it!!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Nothging but a thumbs up from me. I have quite a few Fim's/Lim's and will overtime add more. You can count on it!!

I have many as well and they all occupy top shelf in my library

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have many as well and they all occupy top shelf in my library

Thanks, STeve. Good to know...i am looking forward to exploring FIM more. I have the Mozart Sinfonias and now the Cantate...and am expecting Ella as already posted. Who knows? May go for their latest Linda Rondstadt/Nelson Riddle...which is their latest technology...Pure Analogue i believe they call it...32 bit or something.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing