Omni Gon The Final Phonostage

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
A good preamp for a coke addict, 5 lines and counting!

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hi ALF, welcome to the site. :D

Lots of great members here, some you will already recognize like Syntax

Thank you DEV for the invitation to join the WBF.

Yes, I do recognize my dear friend Syntax. His opinions are always refreshing; I do love his playful and wicked sense of humor, it must be resultant from breathing the clean, crisp air up in the Bavarian Alps...there are differences.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Yeah, maybe in combination with a special cable :)

(Patent Pending) ;)

Yikes, what happened to the the magic beta-version MOUSE that was the missing DBS link integrating the special cable...is there a cat around here somewhere?

Here Romy, Romy, Romy...:eek:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yikes, what happened to the the magic beta-version MOUSE that was the missing DBS link integrating the special cable...is there a cat around here somewhere?

Here Romy, Romy, Romy...:eek:

He's already been banned from this site (as well as many others).

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
He's already been banned from this site (as well as many others).

Hi MBA,

Who, the Mouse that was in the cable cartoon Gets around and is banned?

Seriously, why was the cartoon that Syntax posted removed? It was really funny and it did not seem offensive in any way, any thoughts?

Thanks,
ALF

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi MBA,

Who, the Mouse that was in the cable cartoon Gets around and is banned?

Seriously, why was the cartoon that Syntax posted removed? It was really funny and it did not seem offensive in any way, any thoughts?

Thanks,
ALF

Oh I was refurrrring to the person, not the cartoon :)

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
Tube aging

Front View

But because we are in the year 2012, there is a electronic Quality control linked to them. Each tube is measured from heat, gain and some more quality features .-) with the result, that in every hour, day by day, month for month, these tubes (and the sonic result) will never degrade. There are only 2 choices: 100% or dead.

You can not avoid tube aging. Clever design keeps the working points stable.

Reinhard

catastrofe

Feb 17, 2012
Saint Louis
Looks awesome. However, someone screwed up on the silk-screening of the name. . .I believe it should be spelled Moni Gon.

Because that's what yours will be. . . :)

DDB

Mar 28, 2012
Looks awesome. However, someone screwed up on the silk-screening of the name. . .I believe it should be spelled Moni Gon.

Because that's what yours will be. . . :)

... it's laser engraved - not silk-screened ........ ;-) ...

Last edited:

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Well, finding a proper name beside the usual "Signature", "Ultimate", "Ultimate II" or "Ultimate Signature..." ;) is a tough task.

Selected from
- Mon Ey
- Ok Ay
- Nomer Cy
- Give Memore
- NLOD Final (No Loss Of Detail)
but at the end is the way it is now...lasered :D

Here it is a picture where all started some years ago. You see this tiny little black box?
The technical brain inside made the Kondo Sfz to a-no-longer-in-use-unit.
And the question came: Why?
And the answer is Omni Gon

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
Thank you, I thought it has something to do with the used technics, like CLC-PS or SRPP,

Reinhard

Last edited:

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
On no! Whyd did I just buy three tape decks???

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
The Omni Gon is easy to go with connected Amps. My favorite all over those years is the ML2.1. Connected to a 99dB Speaker System, the effortless reproduction of subtle Details is in a way pretty dangerous....:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing