Omni Gon The Final Phonostage

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side

Some record collectors and serious Listeners (RCA Living Stereo, Decca...) wanted the best Phonostage to get what's really in their records. They didn't find something adequate on market what served their demands (No loss of Signal, no coloration, no compression, true tonal color) and decided to build one for themselves, 7 units. With the best parts available, the best technical specs possible, the most advanced RIAA available. Time: 2 years to get all parts and tests.
It is done now.

Ultimate Phono preamplifier w/optional line stage. All triode tube design. Full symmetrical.
Unique passive phono EQ. Each tube with its own independent heater supply.
Unique double mono PS with bridge-type tube rectification (8 single-wave rectifiers - 4 each channel) and pure foil CLC-PS.
100 lbs - dual chassis, my 5 Phono inputs (50dB, 63dB, 68dB, 72dB, 77dB pure Phono gain), Output AES Studio specification, (600 ?, digital 110 ?) No- loss-of-Signal-Parts, the best out there (TKD, Silver plugs, Tubes from US Army rocket defensive stations, Silver soldered, Tantal, Caddock, all Parts internal decoupled via Electron microscope devices...)
Result: Superior Detail, accurate specs, no coloration and lifelike Reproduction.The sound ?
Well, it is no longer about sound.
Dynamics, colors, soundstage, 3-dimensionality - yes, all that and much more. But it goes a few significant steps beyond that. Imagine opening the windows of your room on a clear early summer morning. A breeze of fresh air comes in.
Then go further in your imagination and tear down the walls of your listening room. All a sudden there is fresh air, the warmth of sun rays on your skin, a world of ?????????????color, beauty and a flood of details around you.
Touching your senses - with brute directness, unfiltered, unaltered. Involving, dramatic, breathtaking and demanding.
Nothing between you and the nature.
You can no longer move your attention away from the music. VERY different from anything else I have ever heard - anywhere.
Quality inspection from Science Lab for every single piece incl. Tubes, final quality report Engineering Lab.
Never a Mk II version.

Tested in University Lab for accuracy before delivered. This one is final.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
We always applaud such great initiative!

DEV

Oct 19, 2011

Some record collectors and serious Listeners (RCA Living Stereo, Decca...) wanted the best Phonostage to get what's really in their records. They didn't find something adequate on market what served their demands (No loss of Signal, no coloration, no compression, true tonal color) and decided to build one for themselves, 7 units. With the best parts available, the best technical specs possible, the most advanced RIAA available. Time: 2 years to get all parts and tests.
It is done now.

Ultimate Phono preamplifier w/optional line stage. All triode tube design. Full symmetrical.
Unique passive phono EQ. Each tube with its own independent heater supply.
Unique double mono PS with bridge-type tube rectification (8 single-wave rectifiers - 4 each channel) and pure foil CLC-PS.
100 lbs - dual chassis, my 5 Phono inputs (50dB, 63dB, 68dB, 72dB, 77dB pure Phono gain), Output AES Studio specification, (600 ?, digital 110 ?) No- loss-of-Signal-Parts, the best out there (TKD, Silver plugs, Tubes from US Army rocket defensive stations, Silver soldered, Tantal, Caddock, all Parts internal decoupled via Electron microscope devices...)
Result: Superior Detail, accurate specs, no coloration and lifelike Reproduction.The sound ?
Well, it is no longer about sound.
Dynamics, colors, soundstage, 3-dimensionality - yes, all that and much more. But it goes a few significant steps beyond that. Imagine opening the windows of your room on a clear early summer morning. A breeze of fresh air comes in.
Then go further in your imagination and tear down the walls of your listening room. All a sudden there is fresh air, the warmth of sun rays on your skin, a world of ?????????????color, beauty and a flood of details around you.
Touching your senses - with brute directness, unfiltered, unaltered. Involving, dramatic, breathtaking and demanding.
Nothing between you and the nature.
You can no longer move your attention away from the music. VERY different from anything else I have ever heard - anywhere.
Quality inspection from Science Lab for every single piece incl. Tubes, final quality report Engineering Lab.
Never a Mk II version.

Tested in University Lab for accuracy before delivered. This one is final.

Hi Syntax,

thanks for sharing, did Alan actually receive his unit as of yet? he has been waiting for some time now but in the end only to receive constant excuses why it hasn't.

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Hi,
I have nothing to do with delivery, also I don't know all owners.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
:)

Ok, the secret:

Bottom corner right side

I didn't notice any "unobtanium" in there, a prime, necessary ingredient. Also, the cartridge stylus needs to be polished with the pubic hairs of certified virgins (female preferably).

• Haha
Reactions: chet atkins

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I know you have a sense of humor, Syntax. On a more serious note, the Omnigon is a stunning, beautiful piece of work, you are a lucky man. I wouldn't hold my breath on the MkII version, though, there is ALWAYS a MkII version.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Looks like one of those,if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.:b

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This should be an interesting thread. By the way, because I just have to ask, how much is it?

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hello DEV,

The Omni Gon is sitting quietly, this afternoon, looking like a polite Bavarian-in-a-box in the Dallas Customs cage. Hopefully, this preamplifier will wind its way south sometime the first of next week. I am currently beefing-up a mouse to handle the special cabling requirements.

Kind regards,
ALF

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Hello DEV,

The Omni Gon is sitting quietly, this afternoon, looking like a polite Bavarian-in-a-box in the Dallas Customs cage. Hopefully, this preamplifier will wind its way south sometime the first of next week. I am currently beefing-up a mouse to handle the special cabling requirements.

Kind regards,
ALF

Hi ALF, welcome to the site. :D

Lots of great members here, some you will already recognize like Syntax

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Power Supply
This unit works independent from owners voltage slippery, it creates its own mains and only that one will be delivered in the following stages. There is no sonic quality slip based on listening in the afternoon, weekends or after midnight :)

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Front View

Some may think, that unit was done wrong because there is no "Digital" print linked to the pleasure selector. We think, this word is Blasphemy and when someone uses such a unit, he can hide it via Line2 (me for example, yes, I do. I feel guilty about that, but don't tell anybody).
There are some tubes, these are not ultra-super-I-own3-from5-ever-made-tubes, but they are from US Long Distance Bombers, never was made a better tube which is more resistant to vibrations, micro phonics, noise. Very old of course, from a time where the word "Quality" had no connection to "Marketing".
But because we are in the year 2012, there is a electronic Quality control linked to them. Each tube is measured from heat, gain and some more quality features .-) with the result, that in every hour, day by day, month for month, these tubes (and the sonic result) will never degrade. There are only 2 choices: 100% or dead.
When a tube has to be replaced, there are potis in the sockets, the working point will be adjusted again with some tools and when that is done, then the game starts again....100% or....

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Rear

There are a lot of high quality connectors (based on AES Standard, the best available, no loss of detail-parts from the first contact to the last).
I have a full loaded one in the Phono Gain sections, then there are some for additional units, sorry no Tape, that time is over and 4 independent output lines for active or multi Box speakers for example.

Last edited:

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
This is a secret

The Prototype of the MKII ODP
(Outer-space Damping Devices)

after endless listening tests we found a major improvement, this will be available in some years for about 35.264,70 $
Because we didn't find any material on our Planet to improve the existing ones, we got from one of our NASA audiophile friends some material from the Moon (touched from - 'a small grab for me, but a big one for audiophiles' - N. Armstrong), but it is difficult to get more (the NSA is watching), maybe..well...maybe we can get some more from a Russian Atomic Bunker Storage in Mongolia, we know there some guys...but that's difficult, they come to daylight only 4 days a year...and we are in touch with the leading experts at Stanford Univerity...one of them is a certified Area 51 member...we will see...stay tuned

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Rear

sorry no Tape, that time is over and 4 independent output lines for active or multi Box speakers for example.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing