Apr 20, 2010
New York City
image.jpg

image.jpg

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I just went to Romy the Cat's website and Stitch, AKA Syntax posted the same Omnigon photos on October 29th. There were some questions about motive which he answers.

Larry

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I just went to Romy the Cat's website and Stitch, AKA Syntax posted the same Omnigon photos on October 29th. There were some questions about motive which he answers.

Larry

Yes I think the same questions were raised here too. Otherwise cat's got my tongue.

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
Evocator

Hello,

someone here with Information on the new Avocator Phonostage from Acoustical Systems (Brakemeier)

Any Info, pics etc are welcome,

Reinhard

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
Snakeoil and audiophiles

Hello,

someone here with Information on the new Avocator Phonostage from Acoustical Systems (Brakemeier)

Any Info, pics etc are welcome,

Reinhard

Do not trust Daniel or whatever name using. read below the many swindled. Never know for sure parts or warranty.
he is simply dishonest.

Reactions: PeterA

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Considering Dietrich sells all his products through distributors and dealers, there can be no such worries. He has been operating the last 4 years or so quite successfully it would seem with no issues with product or service. I certainly know the Aussie distributor has had no problems.

I saw the Avocator phono in HK in August. It looked very impressive and build quality was excellent, however I was more interested in the giant monolith that was his turntable.

from M&S
Something new is coming from Dietrich Bakemeier and Acoustical Systems team. The EVOcator is Acoustical Systems’ all new full-feature reference tube RIAA phono stage implementing PTFE-circuit boards gel-cushioned for vibration isolation, pure silver foil in oil capacitors, premium grade triodes...

“With the EVOcator we complete our product portfolio as it was the last major component "missing" in the all analog front end chain.”

The EVOcator all-triode-tube reference RIAA phono stage features:

· full feature 4 phono inputs – RCA and balanced - w/3 selectable gain stages for MC
· 2 outputs – RCA and balanced – 600 Ohms studio pro standard
· front panel selectable load for capacitance and impedance for MI and MM
· front panel selectable load impedance for MC inputs
· front panel selectable phono phase 0° and 180° inverted
· front panel selectable Mono / Stereo
· separate power supply with tube rectification and
· DC tube regulated plate supply
· Selectable grounding route for zero hum
· Operates 100 to 250 V ac line – 50Hz and 60 Hz
· Highest quality connections: WBT (RCAs), Eichmann (RCAs choice) Furutech (IEC socket and XLR (choice)), Lemo (power supply to phono stage).

Made with PTFE-circuit boards gel-cushioned for vibration isolation, pure silver foil in oil capacitors, premium grade triodes, top-class RCA and XLR connectors and entirely non-magnetic high dampened alloy cabinets.

Entirely designed and made in Germany.

Acoustical_Systems_EVOcator_review_matej_isak_2016_2017_mono_and_stereo%u00252B-%u00252B1.jpg

Acoustical_Systems_EVOcator_review_matej_isak_2016_2017_mono_and_stereo%u00252B-%u00252B2.jpg

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
Hello,

thank you, any pics from inside available? Tube complement? Silver Oil are Mundorfs? Transfos are Jensen? Lundahl?

Price of the maschine?

Regards, Reinhard

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

asb

Apr 17, 2017
Here we have a scope screen shot of the output voltage (RCA socket) of an "Omnigon" preamp,
both channels. The output on XLR is the same, this is no balanced output. The pic was taken on
a phono input, but with line it is essentially the same. Frequency was 1 kHz. Output was loaded
with the scope only, 1 meg. What you see is independent of volume setting and input level (if
below clipping). Sorry for bad picture quality, I was in a hurry.

Attachments

• IMGP4941.JPG
    IMGP4941.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 17

asb

Apr 17, 2017
So this item is load dependent ?
No cathode follower or something ?
(I expected a reply like this)

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
I Think he is using a transformer volume control as Output.
No idea how he drives it. Cathode Follower? Parafeed?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
The ringing is probably an influence of the scope probe. As a first guess, try removing the ground lead, assuming it was connected.

Drats, my phono stage wasn't inspected by a university lab. :confused:

asb

Apr 17, 2017
Gentlemen,
yes, this preamp has an "inductive" volume control (but not at the output - who would do it this way?).
The strong ringing is mainly caused by this.
There is no transformer or choke loaded output, this is an RC coupled amplifier.
No speculation and "first guess" - facts please.
No "scope probe" used here, but direct RCA plugs and cables.
How would you manage to get a ringing like this with an ordinary or special probe ?
Please show us.
Thanks.

Last edited:

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Gentlemen,
yes, this preamp has an "inductive" volume control (but not at the output - who would do it this way?).
There is no transformer or choke loaded output, this is an RC coupled amplifier.
How would you manage to get a ringing like this with an ordinary or special probe ?
Please show us.
Thanks.
Ah, sorry to read, it appears that you have the Bavarian problem...

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Gentlemen,
Please show us.
Thanks.
The photo in post #131 looks like an analog scope trace. Is it not so? A typical passive scope probe forms a resonant circuit and can influence the measured result. This isn't a controversial statement. I was simply offering an idea.

asb

Apr 17, 2017
"The Bavarian problem" - not sure what kind of disease this is ..
"A typical passive scope probe forms a resonant circuit" - is not
correct and a probe was not used, see post 136.
"With 600 Ohms Output?" - a thorough analysis of the amplifier
would be possible if somebody paid for it, I was just paid for repair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing