Pass Labs XP-30 preamp?

Johngp

Mar 7, 2012
Austin, Tx.
www.koolcables.com
Does anyone here own this pre, or have some experience with it? Just not much info out there on it and I sure am curious about it. If you have it or have heard it any thing you'd like to share would be appreciated, thank you!

Best,
John

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I've had one since last fall. Hard to describe... it just lets the music flow through. Realistic soundstage and precise imaging with plenty of air between the voices and instruments. Solid bass. It is very neutral in tonal character.

Johngp

Mar 7, 2012
Austin, Tx.
www.koolcables.com
Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply. I think I caught a post of yours over on Audiogon and put up a response, not sure if you saw it or replied yet. Anyway, so I take it you are happy with the pre? I currently have a BAT VK-51SE and the Pass XA-100.5 mono blocks, I wonder, do you think I would think the Pass sounds a little lean or dry compared to the BAT?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply. I think I caught a post of yours over on Audiogon and put up a response, not sure if you saw it or replied yet. Anyway, so I take it you are happy with the pre? I currently have a BAT VK-51SE and the Pass XA-100.5 mono blocks, I wonder, do you think I would think the Pass sounds a little lean or dry compared to the BAT?

I run my XP-30 into XA-100.5's. Nothing lean about it. imo. I have not heard the BAT so cannot render an opinion. I'm not thinking about preamps anymore and that is a good thing.

Johngp

Mar 7, 2012
Austin, Tx.
www.koolcables.com
Good to hear that you don't feel the need to worry about preamps anymore. I guess I need to step up my efforts in trying to find one for audition. Thanks for the help Christian!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Good to hear that you don't feel the need to worry about preamps anymore. I guess I need to step up my efforts in trying to find one for audition. Thanks for the help Christian!

Reno HiFi, no affiliation...just great service. If you don't like, you pay shipping both ways. On another Pass note, I wish they didn't come out with the XS series of amps. I want the XS 150...LOL

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Has anyone heard these new XS amps?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
XS 150 retails for $65K I believe...

How does that cost compare to Dan's Momentum mono amps in terms of price?
Here in the UK the Momentum do pose a price challenge to several high end expensive amps - My primary dealer has Dartzeel NHB-458 , amongst other high end and the Momentums (also dealer for these with own demo pair) set an incredible standard for the price; expensive but in scale of high end price they are a bargain compared to a few others.
Cheers
Orb

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
Has anyone heard these new XS amps?

Hello

I got two pair last week, and have install One pair this week and Wil install the last pair ón monday, the Best amp i ever had, the Will be instal same with avalon isis and time.

Facebook vassagohifi

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing