NAT Generator monoblocks?

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
Was wondering if anyone here owns or has spent any time with these amps. Would love to hear your opinions.
Thanks, and hope to meet some of you at Axpona.

Tmij

Feb 22, 2012

I have the earlier version and while they're good amps but make sure you're using NOS 811A RCAs, that made a huge difference.

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
Beautiful system! Ever have an kind of problems with the amps?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I have the earlier version and while they're good amps but make sure you're using NOS 811A RCAs, that made a huge difference.

Hi Tito,

Are you bi-amping the Proclaims with the NAT or TrodTs with the MSBs on bass duty?

Tmij

Feb 22, 2012
Beautiful system! Ever have an kind of problems with the amps?

Thanks! When I got them the amps had 811A Cetrons and a stash of Sino tubes... it went through several tubes quickly causing me to think there was something wrong with them. Then a builder who'd used 811As before cued me onto NOS RCAs and it hasn't blown a tube since. Aside from that issue, the amps have been pretty reliable and quiet although I'm not sure they really measure up to their supposed rated power.

Are you bi-amping the Proclaims with the NAT or TrodTs with the MSBs on bass duty?

Hi Jack, no, the Trodt and the MSBs are opposites sensitivity-wise and I'd long sold my balanced Endler attenuators. The NATs are closer to the MSBs and is the combo I was planning on trying out when I get the chance.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bumping an old thread, any more experiences with the NATs. People using these, what have you found better?

Analog Kid

Sep 17, 2014
You have to give the company credit for being a bit outside the box in using those giant radio station tubes some of their models use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing