Any Philatelists Out There

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As a kid growing up I spent a huge amount of time collecting stamps from all over the world. In fact I still have many of the blocks of first day issues going back over 50 years. I wonder if they are worth anything today?

Any of you involved then or now in stamp collecting. I am interested in what kinds you are collecting

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
As a kid growing up I spent a huge amount of time collecting stamps from all over the world. In fact I still have many of the blocks of first day issues going back over 50 years. I wonder if they are worth anything today?

Plate blocks or just blocks
Any of you involved then or now in stamp collecting. I am interested in what kinds you are collecting
Not now but years ago. US and foreign

jn229

Jul 23, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
IMHO stamps have lost a lot of their value because the youth today are not collecting. I found this out when we had to deal with my father's estate, he had a number of plate block corners.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
i still have my stamp collection. I had saved it thinking if I had male children, they might be interested. We had girls.

Maybe 30 to 40 years ago, I had someone I trusted look at the collection, to give me an estimate of its worth. THe estimate he gave me was ridiculous and soon learned that he a stolen many of the stamps that had significant value, but since I did not have proof of ownership prior to giving him my collection, I could not prove it.

I would love to sell it but (a) have no safe way to value it and (b) as has been stated previously, not a lot of stamp collectors any longer.

Not sure what to do with it.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have my father's stamp collection whose latest entries were made over 50 years ago. He has individual stamps, plate blocks and some full pages. I, too, have no idea what the stuff is worth or what to do with it.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have my father's stamp collection whose latest entries were made over 50 years ago. He has individual stamps, plate blocks and some full pages. I, too, have no idea what the stuff is worth or what to do with it.
If you want to sell a collection a guy I know will give you 30 to 40 % of catalog value. This is if it is USA or Canada.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing