What's Best In Comics Strips

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Calvin & Hobbes is my favorite comic strip of all time. I have all of Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes books and re-read them every year. They always make me laugh out loud, guaranteed. I even had a Calvin & Hobbes reference in my wedding vows. What is everyone's favorite comic strip?

I thought I'd post this one since it is befitting our forum:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I love comics my favorite American comics is Gary Larson's the Far Side...

An example:

Another

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I can see the pictures but apprently some can't

Other examples of Gary Larson's genius, hopefully all we see these pictures..

or

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh Comic Strips. I thought Comic Books.

Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts for me. My son is half Calvin and half Linus. Much too precocious with a blue blankie.

Comic Books, X-Men Pheonix Saga, House of M and X-Force. I'm a Mutie lover. Didn't like the movies much though.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Good catch, Jack. I edited the title of this thread. Oh, and you have my sympathies with your son.;)

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Hi

I can see the pictures but apprently some can't

Other examples of Gary Larson's genius, hopefully all we see these pictures..

or

Gary Larson is THE comic artist. THE FAR SIDE is one of the funniest off-beat comics ever.

Another fav of mine is SHOE. Especially the ones about cigars. :)

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Two of my favourites have already been mentioned here: Calvin and Hobbes, and The Far Side. I have the hardcover complete collections of both, and highly recommend them!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Whenever I think of The Far Side, which probably was my 2nd all-time favorite, with Bloom County 3rd (who doesn't love Bill The Cat?), I think of this:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I haven't read comic strips in many years. I can only remember a few as a kid and far different than all the above. Growing up a comic strip was always for kids and told a story played out in the daily newspaper

Let's see if any of you can remember the following

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
I haven't read comic strips in many years. I can only remember a few as a kid and far different than all the above. Growing up a comic strip was always for kids and told a story played out in the daily newspaper

Maybe you remember MR ABERNATHY?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I couldn't find a good picture of this cartoon, but it's one of my favorite Larson cartoons.

Attachments

• she's looking go&#1.jpg
    she's looking go&#1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 130

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bill the Cat was a Glam Rocker? LOL

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Ha! Absolutely! A couple of days ago, I said to someone that it was Sadie Hawkin's Day and all I got was a blank stare. I felt old!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing