Wait is over finally listened to the Ref 750

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Finally the Ref 750 arrived in our friends house last Friday. I heard them last night w/ only 19 hours in its built in timer and I was impressed by its sound out of the box. We did not have the chance to compare it to the owners old REF 610 .But as I recall the REF 750 sounds more open , live , more presence ,smoother and it seems your looking through a clearer window . Out of the box it seems its superior to the updated REF 610 (w/ KT120 tubes). I hope to get the chance to listen again to the REF 750 once it accumulate hours (broken in) so we can really hear its true potential. The serial no. of these units are 52006301 and 52006302. They are the first pair from the production line. They look impressive.

tdh888

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Let's see some pics.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Finally the Ref 750 arrived in our friends house last Friday. I heard them last night w/ only 19 hours in its built in timer and I was impressed by its sound out of the box. We did not have the chance to compare it to the owners old REF 610 .But as I recall the REF 750 sounds more open , live , more presence ,smoother and it seems your looking through a clearer window . Out of the box it seems its superior to the updated REF 610 (w/ KT120 tubes). I hope to get the chance to listen again to the REF 750 once it accumulate hours (broken in) so we can really hear its true potential. The serial no. of these units are 52006301 and 52006302. They are the first pair from the production line. They look impressive.

tdh888

Wish I had taken pictures for documentation but all I had was the camera from my cellphone. Sorry wasatch.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
I asked my friends wife to take pictures of his equipment and also permission for me to post it in this forum. Hopfully I will be able to post it later today.

tdh888

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing