High End Dishwashers

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Alright, the time has come to flog the Bosch diswasher that my wife has come to hate. Sadly its the second Bosch that I've owned and it doesn't hold a candle to the first model that we had for nearly ten years.

I'm looking for stainless steel, of course, but another essential criteria is that it has to be dead quiet. Getting your dishes nice and clean is also a top priority.

But I guess the functionality of the various racks an utensile holders is critical (and this is where the lastest soon to be flogged Bosch has failed miserably).

What are you using? Any recommendations.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I have owned the Bosch and the Miele,the Miele is better and quiet.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have the highest-end Miele and it is still a bit noisier than our Bosch. So is the stepped down one at our other house. Not "noisy" mind you but both make more of a humming sound than the Bosch which was essentially silent. Our high-end unit also faults from time to time. Power failures for example make it unhappy. We also had to re-route the plumbing to it as it kept faulting due to that. I guess it has nice diagnostics that way.

Our Bosch was 10 years old so no experience with the newer ones having gone backward.

Overall, we are happier with them than the Bosch in that things seem to dry better and the tray for spoons and forks does seem like a good idea. As is the dense packing of the plates.

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Need to see if I can track down a Meile dealer around here.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
We also have a Miele for several years, dead quiet, expensive but reliable and worth it.

Last edited:

Greg_R

Jan 25, 2012
Alright, the time has come to flog the Bosch diswasher that my wife has come to hate. Sadly its the second Bosch that I've owned and it doesn't hold a candle to the first model that we had for nearly ten years.

I'm looking for stainless steel, of course, but another essential criteria is that it has to be dead quiet. Getting your dishes nice and clean is also a top priority.

But I guess the functionality of the various racks an utensile holders is critical (and this is where the lastest soon to be flogged Bosch has failed miserably).

What are you using? Any recommendations.
I've seen a similar trend with other Euro appliances (Bosch, Asko, etc.)... I wonder if they are making cheaper version for the U.S. market. I've been very pleased with our Samsung DMT800RHS in terms of cleaning & the level of noise. In general, I haven't found a dishwasher that has zero problems... be sure to get a good warranty. Samsung had a factory recall/service issue with the 800 series that supposedly fixes the electronic problems they were having (tripped circuit breakers). We never had that issue (got a good one?) but had the service done anyway.

I'm sure you know this but be aware that 'stainless' is a different color in each brand (i.e. Maytag stainless steel doesn't look the same as Bosch stainless steel, etc.). If your appliances are close together then it will be noticeable.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm sure you know this but be aware that 'stainless' is a different color in each brand (i.e. Maytag stainless steel doesn't look the same as Bosch stainless steel, etc.). If your appliances are close together then it will be noticeable.

Good advice Greg

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
From my research, I would buy a discontinued Miele w/ cutlery tray and water softener if necessary.

I'm considering one to go with my new BlueStar range.

My KA sucks--and has already been fixed twice. One more time and I'm burning it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing