Thought for the day!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
We often get so caught up in our own lives, work, relationships, etc. that we forget to count our MANY, MANY blessings!!! Yesterday, I was standing in line waiting to order my usual grande skim latte at Starbucks and noticed the Jobs for America fundraising cause sign. Conceived by the CEO of Starbucks, every dollar goes to the cause of putting people back to work! This is something to be commended and gave $25 to Jobs for America. Everyone please give to this charity!!!

Then today, I was running errands on 1st Ave. and passed a homeless man with his dog sitting on a shopping cart. As I passed by, two other dogs went by in the other direction and when the homeless man's dog starting barking, his precious bone fell out of his mouth and was pounced on by these two other dogs :( Since I was on my way to get cat food, I asked the fellow at the pet food store for a bone for this poor dog! (as it turns out, the pet food store owner knew the homeless person and told me that they give him food for his dog!) So I returned back to where the homeless man was parked and told him what I had seen and that I had gotten this bone for his dog. The homeless man was just thrilled by this act and I have to admit that I was teary eyed giving his pet that gift.

I think that actions speak louder than words and if everyone did a little something for the disadvantaged, we'd have a far better world! Giving is such a good feeling!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Nice one!!!

MilkMan

Feb 9, 2012
Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing and I commend your actions.

We must all do similar... my Buddhist principles have no other way. Help all life forms. Live and let live.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Myles - You're a good person and I commend you for your concern of others. I personally try to do good, but I realize now that I can do more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing