Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bybee Bullets

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

Bybee Bullets

$2100 a pair connectors that supposedly filter out bad nasties ("1/f distortion") for exponential benefits. Yet apparently are 100% neutral (I don't believe they can be by definition since they are a filter)

Am I wrong to call "bs" on something like this?

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue60/bybee.htm

How have folks' experimentation with Bybee products been in general?

KeithR

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Why Keith, weren't you just telling me I was being unfair in my post on cables? And now maybe you think you have caught a wiff of snake-oil with the Bybee Bullets? Maybe he sources his gold from a special mine in South Africa that no one else knows about.

Addicted to Best!
    I too would be curious to know...particularly given the Bybee power rails which even the GNSC Wadia Modd'd products apparently use.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    One can onl loooove the reviewers conclusion . I hope I am not infringing any copyright item in which case I would ask the moderators to kindly remove it ...

I would recommend, at a minimum, a pair of bullets between your phono cables and phono stage, and a pair between your preamp and amp, if single-ended. In my book, the resulting system benefits overall are not possible with any other treatment or accessory in existence by any other manufacturer.
    That would set you back about $4200 for this .err ... "filter" ...
    and of course the reviewers has heard in his system all treatments or accessories in existence if that phrase only doesn't set your BS-o-meter ablaze you deserve to have these in your system
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] DonH50's Avatar
    1/f noise from what, I wonder? And how high a level? And, a filter that blocks 1/f noise is a series capacitor... I am clearly missing the boat in terms of making money on audiophiles.
    Don Herman
    "After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
    Don's Technical Articles on WBF

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
    1/f noise from what, I wonder? And how high a level? And, a filter that blocks 1/f noise is a series capacitor... I am clearly missing the boat in terms of making money on audiophiles.
    The "1/f distortion", according to the reviewer is also .... "classified" Only Bybee knows about it ... I would like to know the profit margins on such products ... 10,000% is not out of line ... Don , you are definitely missing the boat ...
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] DonH50's Avatar
    Ethics and morals can be sooo costly...
    Don Herman
    "After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
    Don's Technical Articles on WBF

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)/Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] garylkoh's Avatar
    He drives a Bentley. I drive a Volkswagen. Enough said.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Indeed ,need i say more

ME

fat-bike by andromeda61, on Flickr

Some Bullet DIY

Inspired by this thread, I did some DIY yesterday.
    Four Slipstreams were installled into the phonowire.

Something is going on. Of course there are more solderjoints than before. That could cause some colouration.

But there is a clearer midrange and the bass is more definend.
    I feel that there are less dynamics.

I will listen to them for the next days and let you know if I will live with this tweak until my last hour.

Andreas
    Last edited by andi; 04-22-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast