Luck

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Any thoughts so far?

I'm torn with this one--I don't get terribly excited to watch it every week, though am only through 4 episodes. Characters def have potential.

I am a huge Michael Mann fan though, so have faith in the rest of the series. Ratings have been slow off the gate as well.

KeithR

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I think this series are for those that love Dick Francis type of books with the intrigue and complexities relating to horse racing.
Seems very well done and solid so far, with great actors.

Cheers
Orb

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Mumbling...

Well I guess it is a moot point now...

I liked the show, but I had issues with the mumbled dialogue. We had to watch it with
closed captioning.

There has been a resurgence among the acting elite that mumbled dialogue is somehow a
"deeper" performance. Screw that, SPEAK CLEARLY! If I can't understand what is being said on my $5000 HT system, it is a waste of my time.

I love the other HBO shows, GOT, Borgias, etc.

Showtime is killing it with House Of Lies and Californication. Homeland is sublime.

Any thoughts so far?

I'm torn with this one--I don't get terribly excited to watch it every week, though am only through 4 episodes. Characters def have potential.

I am a huge Michael Mann fan though, so have faith in the rest of the series. Ratings have been slow off the gate as well.

KeithR

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing