New Ikeda 9TT stereo cartridge

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
Was over at Bill's this morning and listened to the new Kai cartridge. I thought the 9TT was good. The Kai easily surpassed it in terms of information retrieval and soundstaging. Unbelievable! Where will this all end?

Charles

bluedoor

Jun 19, 2013
Can someone help a rookie here .:eek:

Will this cartridge be a "good choice" for a Reed 3P tonearm?
(coming from a linn akiva/jelco setup, so you know what kind of sound i'm used to)
Thanks!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Can someone help a rookie here .:eek:

Will this cartridge be a "good choice" for a Reed 3P tonearm?
(coming from a linn akiva/jelco setup, so you know what kind of sound i'm used to)
Thanks!

Bill Demarr is the US importer and a member here. He should be able to help or you could PM him!

Also, remember the output is very low (0.2 mV). That eliminates it for some people.

bluedoor

Jun 19, 2013
Bill Demarr is the US importer and a member here. He should be able to help or you could PM him!

Also, remember the output is very low (0.2 mV). That eliminates it for some people.

Thanks!
Forgot to say, phono preamp is a clearaudio balance +
I'll wait until he drops by in this thread.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing