Announcement from Quality Record Pressings

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Audiophiles remember and still covet the UHQR pressings from JVC Japan from some 30 years ago. They were the pinnacle of high-quality vinyl, and UHQRs remain among the very most collectible and valuable LPs ever pressed. Now, Quality Record Pressings is reviving that long-gone name of excellence and adding to it an even higher standard of perfection. With the UHQR from QRP, we've applied all of the most innovative and ear-approved ideas ever introduced to vinyl LP manufacturing to create an ultimate LP. Never before has one record represented such singular superiority.

Each UHQR is pressed, using hand-selected vinyl, on a manual Finebilt press with attention paid to every single detail of every single record. All of the innovations introduced by QRP that have been generating such incredible critical acclaim are applied to each UHQR. The 200-gram records feature the same flat profile that helped to make the original UHQR so desirable. From the lead-in groove to the run-out groove, there is no pitch to the profile, allowing your stylus to play truly perpendicular to the grooves from edge to center. Every UHQR is hand-inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless are allowed to go to market. Your UHQR will be packaged in a deluxe box and will include a booklet detailing the entire process of making a UHQR along with a hand-signed certificate of inspection. This will be a truly deluxe product.

UHQR: Hand selected and hand inspected. Handmade and worth every dollar paid.

Much more information to come. Wait for it...

Also coming soon, Clarity Vinyl, the ultimate vinyl formulation:

Clarity Vinyl is the ultimate vinyl formulation because it contains no carbon black additive, common in vinyl formulas for LPs. Carbon black contains trace metals that become magnetized and cause electrical distortions in cartridges during playback. The result is a smearing of the sound. It's the same reason that cartridge demagnetizers are effective. By taking the carbon black out of the vinyl, we are able to dramatically reduce the distortion and thus bring more clarity to the playback process, providing a more realistic musical experience for the listener. Our Clarity Vinyl is also made using the highest quality co-polymer available - a key component in the vinyl pellets used for manufacturing LPs.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Wow, this is great news. I will be a customer for like every record they release...So far the QRP's I have bought have been exceptional in quality.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Wow, this is great news. I will be a customer for like every record they release...So far the QRP's I have bought have been exceptional in quality.

Really? How about the Tea For the Tillerman LP?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Really? How about the Tea For the Tillerman LP?

I have Ella & Louie 45 rpm Mono (No Cat Stevens). It's flat, quiet and mixed great, imo. So I have only one experience so far and it's a good one.

Edit: I'll add Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson 45 rpm to that list also. Fine pressing.

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Sounds like a cut and paste from the " Classic Records " past press releases. Oh that's right, Chad purchased Classic records:p

Lets hope Chad can do a better job, expecially in QC than Classic records did.

Some better re-releases would be nice, rather than repressing Verve yet again.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Ok, who's betting that we'll be seeing a UHQR TFTT from Chad...supposed to be much better and lifelike than the regular pressing. ( which, IMHO wouldn't take very much:( )
You know what they say: 'if there is a buck to be made';)

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Ok, who's betting that we'll be seeing a UHQR TFTM from Chad...supposed to be much better and lifelike than the regular pressing. ( which, IMHO wouldn't take very much:( )
You know what they say: 'if there is a buck to be made';)

Rather than blaming Chad and the pressing plant per se, I'd put the blame on his choice of remastering engineers. The remasterings that Kevin Gray does for Chad are without peer. Now if Kevin had cut TFTT, I think we'd all be singing a different tune.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Rather than blaming Chad and the pressing plant per se, I'd put the blame on his choice of remastering engineers. The remasterings that Kevin Gray does for Chad are without peer. Now if Kevin had cut TFTT, I think we'd all be singing a different tune.

Myles, I do agree. But what are the odds that Chad will use a different remastering engineer for his UHQR version? He obviously didn't see anything wrong with the one who did the 1st version.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, I do agree. But what are the odds that Chad will use a different remastering engineer for his UHQR version? He obviously didn't see anything wrong with the one who did the 1st version.

Part of the problem is whom the record label will send their tapes to. But that wasn't the case, as I surmise, with the Verve. I think that Kevin Gray had already cut them for Speakers Corner and Chad needed to find another mastering engineer. OTOH, RCA is very particular about whom they send their tapes too and that might be why the RCA POTO, Sam Cooke, etc were done by George Marino. As you can tell, I'm not the biggest Marino fan, though I respect his knowledge. All his pressings just really sound solid-statish beginning with the Power of the Orchestra. The strings on the recording are just 10X brighter than than the original, making them almost unlistenable.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This is good news. I just hope we get a somewhat varied title/artist selection and not a rehash of albums that have been done over and over again by various labels.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
This is good news. I just hope we get a somewhat varied title/artist selection and not a rehash of albums that have been done over and over again by various labels.

Agreed. Another thing that comes to mind: why not combine the two. If UHQR is the ultimate way of pressing a record, and Clarity is the ultimate vinyl formulation, why not insist that all UHQR pressings are made with Clarity vinyl? One shouldn't have to pick between best formula or best pressing. NB, this paragraph is sheer conjecture on my part. I have no idea what Chad plans to do with these two product lines. Perhaps I should ask!

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
This has peaked my interest.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Agreed. Another thing that comes to mind: why not combine the two. If UHQR is the ultimate way of pressing a record, and Clarity is the ultimate vinyl formulation, why not insist that all UHQR pressings are made with Clarity vinyl? One shouldn't have to pick between best formula or best pressing. NB, this paragraph is sheer conjecture on my part. I have no idea what Chad plans to do with these two product lines. Perhaps I should ask!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarity vinyl and UHQR in one product :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing