PNWAS Presents Steve McCormack

SMcAudio

Feb 10, 2012
southern California
www.SMcAudio.com
Thanks for getting the video posted, Gary! I had a wonderful visit and thought that the meeting went well. The system certainly sounded great, and it was a real pleasure to hear some of the M&K Realtime Direct-to-Disc records again. They are an object lesson in clarity and dynamics, and the system delivered everything beautifully (and your 7.2f speakers even survived "Flamenco Fever" at realistic playback levels - wow!).

If anyone has follow-up questions, please post them here and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks again to the PNWAS for inviting me to speak, to Gary Koh for his generous hospitality and invaluable assistance, and to Joe Pittman and Jerry Pomeroy for their much-appreciated help.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Which served to remind me of a couple more albums we played that evening. Including:

and

Haven't heard a bad Previn on Contemporary! ;)

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
As Steve was in town, I took the opportunity to introduce him to Winston Ma, and listen to some music in the best sounding room I've ever heard. Needless to say, we were over an hour late to our next appointment :D

View attachment 3203

Hi, I wonder what amplifiers drive the Sentinel ?

Vess

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
As Steve was in town, I took the opportunity to introduce him to Winston Ma, and listen to some music in the best sounding room I've ever heard. Needless to say, we were over an hour late to our next appointment :D

View attachment 3203

Where's Winston's tape machine? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing