What is it about the "jump factor" that only expensive speakers get close to "real"?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I like their tone colour but they bend far to much .
To get real pistonic power in a large cone you need a Honeycomb design OR something like that

Tone is interesting, I think people are used to some warmth/distortion in bass and a really good low-distortion woofer and amp sound maybe a little unnatural at first because it is TOO clean sounding.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Overhere audiophiles are most ly after midrange and highs , a real good kharma speaker regarding. Bass got hardly sold , instead that danish popularbrand went much easier. The one.With hardly any bass Raidho.
A couple of weeks ago i walked in brussels hifi store new music .
The Maxx 2 seems to be there Just for Decoratio, a speaker i like with great bass.
Magico s seem to be more populair, the owner actually did the demo i really liked in Amsterdam with zanden.
I think he might be in for a listen to my system in the future as he likes cat too

Last edited:

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Tone is interesting, I think people are used to some warmth/distortion in bass and a really good low-distortion woofer and amp sound maybe a little unnatural at first because it is TOO clean sounding.

+1

It is amazing how much distortion people are accustom to.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing