Is Wes Phillips still with Stereophile?

caesar

May 30, 2010
I think he is one of the best reviewers at Stereophile, probably the best. The gear he reviews always puts you in the flow. If you ever listen to a piece of gear he writes abou , you get so engrossed in listening that time either lengthens or disappears and makes you forget about everything going on the world and in your life.

I have not read anything from him in a while. Anyone know what's going on?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Wes has been seriously ill for some time. We are all hoping and routing for him.

Kal

If you run into him, please tell him many of his kindred spirits miss his writing and gear recommendations and that he gets well soon.

ffontan

Jun 25, 2012
Any news on Wes Phillips?

Wes has been seriously ill for some time. We are all hoping and routing for him.

Kal

Hi. I had been wondering about Wes Phillips for a long time now (I have been a fan of him for a good 11 years now) and just happened to find this thread.

Are there any further news with Wes?

He used to be very candid about personal stuff back when he was with the Soundstage Network and had his own websites OnHifi.com and OnHometheater.com.

We had shared stories about battling weight issues and what not and well...It made me very sad to read this here today.

I truly hope he's getting better.

Felix

ffontan

Jun 25, 2012

Kal

Has there been an update on Wes Phillips in the last couple of years? I miss his writing dearly especially now that I'm getting back into audio and what not.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing